News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champions of England, Europe and FA Cup holders v Arsenal

Started by gavin, August 06, 2023, 15:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ortega Moreno, Walker (C), Stones, Dias, Akanji, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Bernardo, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ederson, Phillips, Laporte, De Bruyne, Gomez, Foden, Palmer, Lewis, McAtee

Thought Phil would be starting but good to see Julian start

Stephen Paul

gavin

We started well enough if still ponderous on the approach to goal. But happy enough to go in 0-0 at half time in the end.

Why the fook is the game being stopped for a player to put his boot back on? Ridiculous.

gavin

What happened to holding players in the box from a corner being a penalty? Both Haaland and Stones were  being held there.

gavin

It has not been a good performance but that was a great goal. Lovely turn from Phil and a beauty from Cole.

KunDB

8 minutes injury time. The referee is taking the piss.

I have always thought the referee deciding injury time as they wish at the end of a game is a licence to cheat (not saying they do cheat).

Should be a clock stop during the game that all can see and judge.

KunDB

Arsenal where serving best second half until the 8 minutes injury time and two head injuries give them a breather and a chance to regroup and just go for it.

Yes I'm a bad loser but I have no clue how the ref got 8 minutes injury.

gavin

Yeh, never 8 minutes and then the goal took two deflections. Very fortunate for Arsenal.

KunDB

Once again a lesson is to be learnt from yesterday, a lesson we should already have learnt multiple times.

Do not lose concentration and game control and go on the back foot after an injury late in the game. After the head injuries in injury time we stepped back and handed over control to Arsenal, will we ever learn that attack is the best form of defence.

gavin

Kinnell, they scrawped an equaliser in the 11th minute of injury time in a friendly and went on to win on pens and its like they won the European Cup Final 6-0.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on August 07, 2023, 21:04:41
Kinnell, they scrawped an equaliser in the 11th minute of injury time in a friendly and went on to win on pens and its like they won the European Cup Final 6-0.

My thoughts too, but I am such a sore loser, but LOL no doubt they will take their trophy on a world tour of their supporters.