News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PSG team and thread

Started by gavin, April 06, 2016, 19:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bry the guy

I just love city and nights like this is one of the reasons,make some stupid mistakes then pull it out of the shit typical city style.

gavin

Only English team in the quarter finals. Still got a great chance to be in semis. Should be proud not embarrassed.

reddishblue

Quote from: Zabba on April 06, 2016, 20:41:25
100%Fernando fault.

Disagree. Hart needs to learn how to distribute .

nimrod

Way better result than I was expecting, well done City

we should progress now.

For me Fernando's fault, not enough awareness at this level

Paul lakes knee

Great result, yeah we fucked up at the back a few times, but we had to dig deep and I thought we defended well in the second half, they are a bloody good team, but so are we.

They'll be without Pastore, Matuidi, Veratti and Luiz in the second leg

lee

superb result..proud of them

nimrod

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on April 07, 2016, 07:32:22
Great result, yeah we fucked up at the back a few times, but we had to dig deep and I thought we defended well in the second half, they are a bloody good team, but so are we.

They'll be without Pastore, Matuidi, Veratti and Luiz in the second leg

and hopefully we'll have Yaya and maybe Vinny back

Very proud of the boys, I was expecting a pasting.

Lekos

Hopefully not Yaya, if that means playing KDB in a different position.

Cracking result last night, what a night! I think I finally made it back to my hotel around 3am. Still hanging.

It's quite comforting to see their defence is as shambolic as ours. Very excited about next week.

Swiss

I too thought we'd be in for a pasting and I'm glad it was a draw with 2 away goals... but I am embarrassed! We are such a disjointed team and we're not too pretty to watch, which doesn't matter as a fan so much when you get decent result, but when you're showcased to the rest of the world in the premier competition and we fecking up the easy pass on too many occasions it is jut painful.

I still don't get why Sagna is picked over Zabba, his rash challenge in the box could have lost us the match but a great save from Hart kept us in it.

Dinho's goal was lucky in that he it it against the PSG player...

Highlights of the match

Swiss

Key Match Stats

Stat-----------PSG---------City
Possession---67.3---------32.7

Shots---------16-----------11
On Target----5------------3
Off Target----7------------6
Blocked-------4------------2

Passing-------88.2%------76.7%
Crosses-------27%--------33%
Dribbles------84%--------69%

Tackles-------81%--------61%
Interception-22-----------22
Clearances---5------------16
Aerial Duels-45%------------55%
Block Cross--5-------------1

Saves---------1------------3

Fouls---------6------------15
Yellows-------2------------4

(From Sky Sports)

Paul lakes knee

Ah come on Swiss
We were playing them away from home and they are a smashing team with some world class players- you can't be embarrassed by that

zacc

as I said to hubby City never happier then when they do it the hard way 8)

Neil Mcnab

A great result, well done the lads. We have given ourselves a great chance to get to the semi finals.

Swiss

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on April 07, 2016, 17:13:22
Ah come on Swiss
We were playing them away from home and they are a smashing team with some world class players- you can't be embarrassed by that

We have some world class players too you know! Approx 30% possession??? If we were shit I'd be happy but we're not, yet we play like we are. That's the kind of performance we used to get before Thaksin and yer, we used to be happy that we didn't lose or didn't concede 5 or actually score a goal... But it's so frustrating that we have good (and above) players but that they're not playing to their full potential.
How hard is it to not pass direct to the opposition??? Every time (ok most of the time) we burst forward 3 things would happen.
1) 1st to go wrong would be we would lose possession by passing it to the opposition
2) 2nd would be once we got past the half way line, only Navas, Silva, Aguero & KDB would continue the attack. PSG would get back in far greater numbers, close us down and win the ball back.
3) 3rd, on the rare occasion that we did support the attack with numbers, it would come to clichy, or one of the Nando's and instead of keeping ball near the PSG area, they would pass it all the way back to Hart... 

I'm not unhappy at the result and the great chance we have left ourselves in, I just feel we have let ourselves down in the way we have played. The standard we walk past is the standard we accept.

Our standard at the moment is mediocre at best and it's just not good enough.

reddishblue

Has Citopest hacked your account?

Swiss

I think half the problem is we don't know what system we're playing.

I read an interview when Pellers first came in saying that he didn't like rigid teams, that he preferred to play a very fluid system. The problem is our players have no direction of where they're supposed to be.

We play 2 Def mids who are not used to getting past the half way line or providing movement in the middle. Pass and move becomes pass and drop back.
We play a central Attacking mid/ support striker on the left wing (Silva).
We play a Central Mid on the Left wing (Delph).
We play our 2nd best Full backs (Sagna & Clichy - contentious i know :D)
We play Bony ahead of a more promising player (Nacho)
We have no leadership in central midfield
We are too static in movement and too rushed in passing

Swiss

Failed passes

Player------Failed-------in our half
Sagna------ 6  ----------3
Mangala---- 7 ----------5
Otamendi-- 7 -----------6
Clichy------ 8 -----------4
-------------------------------------Sub total for defence: 28 missed passes. 18 in our half
Nando------6------------4
Dinho------5------------4
------------------------------------Sub total for def mid: 11 missed passes. 8 in our half
Silva-------7------------3
KDB-------8-------------1
Navas-----7-------------3
Aguero---8--------------8
-----------------------------------Sub total for attack: 30 missed passes. 15 in our half

-----------------------------------Grand total: 69 missed passes. 41 in our half

lee

tony you are one of the most sensible guys on here but i think your either insane or pissed mate

the italians i watched it with last night thought we were decent and predicted we will give them a pasting at our place

Ludo

Two defensive midfielders that aren't used to getting past the half way line?? Fernandinho set up de Bruyne for the first and scored the second. Some of our problems this season have come about because our midfield is too far forward.

30% possession isn't great but given the fact we were away from home against a very good team that's just steamrollered their way to a league title isnt to be unexpected.

Swiss

Quote from: lee on April 07, 2016, 22:13:59
tony you are one of the most sensible guys on here but i think your either insane or pissed mate

the italians i watched it with last night thought we were decent and predicted we will give them a pasting at our place

Maybe a bit of both :D

Are you sure your friends weren't just being nice!? ;)

I'm just frustrated because I know we can play better than that.

Quote from: Ludo on April 07, 2016, 22:27:08
Two defensive midfielders that aren't used to getting past the half way line?? Fernandinho set up de Bruyne for the first and scored the second. Some of our problems this season have come about because our midfield is too far forward.

30% possession isn't great but given the fact we were away from home against a very good team that's just steamrollered their way to a league title isnt to be unexpected.

Yep, it's what he needs to be doing more often, but he doesn't. He can do it, but more often than not he's flat.

30% is shit. Ligue 1 is shit. I need more booze :D