News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Daniel Sturridge

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, June 17, 2016, 15:48:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

This is a provocative question I know (i'm aware of the history...) - but does anyone think we should have a serious go at getting Sturridge back at City?

Pros: He's matured; he does score; he's English

Cons: The asking price will be ridiculous?

goat

can do better than him

the price will be shocking  and  weve been raped for english players enough, and being  english isnt really a pro

gavin

Too injury prone. We have enough like that already. I don't actually boo him like a lot do. He's actually always very positive about City when you read his interviews. Nevertheless, he spends too long on the injury table and he's still a bit too full of himself.

Lekos

Still thinks he's way better than he actually is

zacc

can't see him wanting to return plus all the other comments already made

bry the guy

He was in too much of a rush to get away so i don`t think he would want to come back

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on June 17, 2016, 16:45:36
...and being  english isnt really a pro

It is when you need English players to comply with the rules.

Swiss

I guess he'd be club trained as well... can't remember how long he was here for.

But no. Injury prone. A 1 in 10 scorer (imho)

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 18, 2016, 05:17:35
It is when you need English players to comply with the rules.

need home grown players kenny, dont have to be  english, just in the setup at a certain age

brendan counts as homegrown, you wouldnt sign him just to make up the numbers

i would  tho

Rowley Birkin QC

You know what I meant  :)

Swiss

Got a few youngsters on the verge of coming through.

Deneyer has to be a good shout. Can't be worse than Mangala. I hear he's been playing a bit at left back too.

Diaz, Barker, Ambrose, Maffeo, Angelino, Cellist. I'm sure I've missed some promising ones

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 18, 2016, 15:16:23
Got a few youngsters on the verge of coming through.

Deneyer has to be a good shout. Can't be worse than Mangala. I hear he's been playing a bit at left back too.

Diaz, Barker, Ambrose, Maffeo, Angelino, Cellist. I'm sure I've missed some promising ones

so tony is using his phone

saw deneyer against wales, didnt look that great and mangala isnt that bad as long as he  has someone decent next to him thats played  before, managala and  vinny/demi was decent....with otamendi, not so decent

anyway, seeing as pep likes the youth this is their best chance of  breaking through. not sure pelle know we had a youth system....still annoyed  at that swansea game

Swiss

He makes music with his feet....

I'm annoyed we sold Rekik who looked a good ball playing defender. Anyone know how he's getting on?

goat

Olympique de Marseille[edit]
On 30 June 2015, he joined Marseille for an undisclosed fee after making just two appearances for Manchester City in four years.[41] The move was later confirmed on 2 July 2015 and the player was unveiled, along with Lucas Ocampos.[42] Rekik scored his first goal for Marseille in a 1-1 Ligue 1 draw with rivals Lyon on 20 September

just for you tone, some stats

http://www.squawka.com/players/karim-rekik/stats#performance-score#marseille#french-ligue-1#24#season-2015/2016#167#all-matches#1-38#by-match

Neil Mcnab

Sick note, in the same league as crocky Santa Cruz and Wilshere. No chance. He has looked super sharp though.

The ex rag Jonny Evans has impressed, or does he just pull his tripe out for Norn Iron? Home qualified.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on June 18, 2016, 16:20:26
Olympique de Marseille[edit]
On 30 June 2015, he joined Marseille for an undisclosed fee after making just two appearances for Manchester City in four years.[41] The move was later confirmed on 2 July 2015 and the player was unveiled, along with Lucas Ocampos.[42] Rekik scored his first goal for Marseille in a 1-1 Ligue 1 draw with rivals Lyon on 20 September

just for you tone, some stats

http://www.squawka.com/players/karim-rekik/stats#performance-score#marseille#french-ligue-1#24#season-2015/2016#167#all-matches#1-38#by-match

Not bad for a young defender

Swiss

He's been a bit shit today. Thought he was a bit shit in the match he scored in too...