News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Site downtime on 1st November

Started by gavin, October 26, 2023, 21:46:24

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

We have been informed by Dreamhost, our hosting provider, that we are getting an upgrade on the server that we use. This will be done on Wednesday, November 1st. This website is actually hosted in the US so it is unlikely that it will be timed to be in the middle of the night UK time as we would prefer. There could be some noticeable downtime. Good job they chose a midweek when City aren't playing.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on October 26, 2023, 21:46:24
We have been informed by Dreamhost, our hosting provider, that we are getting an upgrade on the server that we use. This will be done on Wednesday, November 1st. This website is actually hosted in the US so it is unlikely that it will be timed to be in the middle of the night UK time as we would prefer. There could be some noticeable downtime. Good job they chose a midweek when City aren't playing.
Cheers for the info

The Blue Blooded Maniac

gavin

I didn't actually notice any downtime on 1st November and I had an email to say the move was completed and that all was good and indeed all was good this morning. But this afternoon the site took a nosedive and has been down for hours. This actually wasn't due to the move but an unrelated power outage. There is some further info on Dreamhost's status page which is linked below.

https://www.dreamhoststatus.com/pages/575f0f606826303142000510

reddishblue

Good news. The reboot was successful as it remembered me. It didn't once.