News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Newcastle

Started by KunDB, October 03, 2015, 15:22:41

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

We are pants under Pelle.

Step it up guys c'mon City.

Tricky Trev

KunDB

25 mins we should be 3 down not one,

We have no defence.

Tricky Trev

Not too happy with our attack force either. Sterling is just, so so underwhelming. Navas 2

Hopefully he'll make a fool of myself.

How is that not a fucking red?

KunDB

C'mon City sharpen up. We are too steady too slow too predictable and shite in defence.

Tricky Trev

Thank fook he's still alive!

Paul lakes knee

KunDB

Great time to score, Aguerrrrooooo

Rowley Birkin QC

One of our main problems defensively appears to be a lack of pace. Newcastle forwards simply out running us too often.

KunDB

If ever a player desrves a haty trick it was Aguerrrroooooooooooo

KunDB

From the ridiculous to the sublime, yet again.

Rowley Birkin QC

We might be a bit slow at the back, but attack is often the best part of defence.  :D

ebm1991

KunDB

Sergio looks like he might just be finding his form 5

Paul lakes knee

Rowley Birkin QC

Don't think Aguero ever lost his form really. Just not had a lot of luck in front of goal since he came back from the injury sustained at Palace.

Either way - looks as sharp as a pin

KunDB

Great win against a fragile team. But lets not be fooled we too are very fragile at the back and need to tighten up or we will pay the price.

I cannot believe we still have a dodgy defence, it should have been sorted long before now. A top team cannot be top with a leaky shaky defence.

Rowley Birkin QC

Poor old Newcastle. Why couldn't we have done that to Spurs!? A far more deserving case  ;D

Our defence is a bit of a worry though. We looked sluggish at the back and sometimes quite disorganised. Otamendi seems a good acquisition, but not sure he's quite fully settled in yet? Zabba looked a little rusty coming back - although that's to be expected. Mangala was all right, and Kolarov was... well Kolarov.

I do still wonder if part of the problem is not enough protection in front of the defence, (the opposition's breaks come on to our back line too quickly at times). Fernando had one of his better games for us, but for me Fernandinho is carrying the bulk of the central midfield burden for us and the bloke can't be everywhere.

gavin

Yes, there was still plenty to be concerned about at the back. £60 odd million centre half partnership and we were wide open at times again. It was a very poor first 40 minutes indeed. They need to be sorted out ASAP because we shouldn't be relying on Vinny to be fit all the time with that sort of investment.

But what a 20 minute spell that blew them away. There was some really great goals in there. It is just what you want from football. Breathtaking.

lee