News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Potential Winter/Summer signings

Started by Swiss, November 05, 2015, 06:27:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

no links to these players really, just a bout of insomnia...

This kid looks a cut about the Spanish Segunda and would fit in well with our system

Marco Asensio (Mallorca/ R. Madrid)

This one looks as though he's got that ping it pass in him, perhaps sits a bit deeper then Yaya...
Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)

gavin

Whenever I see the Belgian flag now I tend to automatically think the player is worth looking at. They have such good players these days. I wonder why. Is it just coincidence or are they doing something there that here in England we just can't match. Obviously the Spanish have some crackers too but obviously that has always been an established country anyway.

At international level though the Belgians seem a bit like the Netherlands used to be - a collection of stars that just can't get it together for some reason.

goat

just a phase baldo, they had a group in the 80s just as good. most countries have a "golden generation" at some point

Swiss

Worth a cheeky fiver on the euro's next year though!

Lekos

Dybala looks a class above this season in Serie A
Scored another blinder tonight. Would be well up for getting him in at City during the summer.

Anyone who's got twatter:

https://twitter.com/Marcocalcio22/status/672873178008592385?s=09

lee

bry the guy

Its hard to get top players in this time of year because if they are in the champs league and they wont want to leave because they will be cuptied.

NileRivers

Should just get one world class player in Messi Ronaldo Neymar any of these.Rest will look up to them.But if you have the best players in the world you better have one of the best managers out there.Since takeover we settled for second best Mancini and Pellegrini.

Swiss

Need to get rid of the players who don't try.

Lekos

We've been needing a clear out for a while now. It's caught up with us not getting rid of potential dead wood and buying second rate (for our current requirements at least) players.

Neil Mcnab

Two midfielders (Nando/Lazy to go), a striker (bye bye Bony) and a CB (Demichelis - adios y gracias). Denayer is the obvious CB. For the rest, more difficult. I dont believe Pogba wants to come to us.

Victoria

Quote from: Lekos on December 05, 2015, 21:22:40
We've been needing a clear out for a while now. It's caught up with us not getting rid of potential dead wood and buying second rate (for our current requirements at least) players.

I agree, should have happened a season ago + City bought some over-priced players such as Sterling and Bony.

Victoria

Pelli has stated City will not buy in the January transfer window - stops him buying more crap I suppose  :)

goat

Ludo

He's good but would he come and we're would he play?

There's going to come a point where the sheikh says I'm not buying another 40 or 50m player just to replace another 40 or 50m player and new manager will have to have a monumental clear out with the likes of Nasri, De Michelis, Fernando, Bony etc. But more than that he'll have to instill a better team spirit. I know it's a bit of a cliche but we do tend to look like a group of highly paid individuals rather than a team.

NileRivers

We have done this buying 3 or 4 players on the fringes of greatness for how long now? Since start of 2009/2010 season.Mancini won league with mostly Hughes signings.Pellegrini won league with mostly Mancini signings.
Need to do something different now.We have the financial muscle to go with one of the 3 leading players.Messi favourite as the environment will suit him.With Pep as manager cannot go wrong.Players we have De Bruyne Silva Sterling Vinnie Fernandinho even Malangana could form the nucleas of a great team.Just need 3 other players from present squad that can throw their lot in.If not throw them out.

Swiss

Except for one striker and letting one go, I think our attack is set up nicely.
We can let Nasri go and give Roberts or another kid a go with Sterling, KDB, Silva and Navas. Unless Sanchez wants to come and I'd replace Navas with him :D

Our CM & CB is the main issue.

We can easily drop Fernando out and give Garcia his slot.
But we do need another Delph "b2b" midfielder.

Yep, all agreed: Thanks Demi, but you cannot cope with the pace and with a midfield that goes missing any more.
I'd also get rid of Mangala but I doubt we will just yet.

And that's it at this time.

When Zabba, Kompany & Aguero are back & Delph learning to boss that middle, we'll be a different team to what we saw this weekend.

Neil Mcnab

I agree if we make one signing in the upcoming window, it should be in midfield. Would a player like Tielemans get much time playing? Any established players probably wont be able to take part in the chumps league, though our involvement may not last that much longer.

goat

Quote from: Ludo on December 06, 2015, 09:04:30
He's good but would he come and we're would he play?

There's going to come a point where the sheikh says I'm not buying another 40 or 50m player just to replace another 40 or 50m player and new manager will have to have a monumental clear out with the likes of Nasri, De Michelis, Fernando, Bony etc. But more than that he'll have to instill a better team spirit. I know it's a bit of a cliche but we do tend to look like a group of highly paid individuals rather than a team.

i think he would join, its amazing what a few 100k a week will do
he can play anywhere in midfield but give pelle 3 options  and  he will pick a shit 4th...id play him alongside fernandinho tho

agree about the individuals thing, only time we look a team is when silvas passes force the others to look like they are taking part

Ludo

Pelle'd play him beside de Michelis