News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

£265m

Started by Ludo, December 01, 2015, 08:43:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

Stephen Paul

City are ruining football !!

goat

nuclear shit under the car park

bry the guy

Could this be the start of them selling us off for good?

KunDB

Oh I thought the British press and FIFA/UEFA said these were mug punters flushing good money down the toilet?

Not a bad return and a £3bn valuation of the group that is only set to rise and rise, on the back of this deal.

This is all good news for Manchester City, win, win, in my opinion.

Swiss

Interesting: I doubt a sell of, however, it should help generate £££'s in the Asian market

Lekos

Quote from: Swiss on December 01, 2015, 18:44:57
Interesting: I doubt a sell of, however, it should help generate £££'s in the Asian market

What Statto said

Rowley Birkin QC

Not a sell off. The group are trying to gain a bigger foothold in the lucrative Asian market and most likely there will be a [insert name of Chinese metropolis here] City joining our sister clubs in the not too distant future. All the big clubs are chasing the Asian / Chinese 'dollar' - Real Madrid in particular.

Swiss

You've also got to remember that it's the city group, not city. not all that money to buy messi is coming to us...

nimrod

As Ken said a wise way to get a big foothold in the billions of Asians who currently wear rag or dipper shirts

What we need now is a Chinese player (bring back Sun)

or that guy on facebook who had to prove his name by taking a pic of his license, Phuc Dat Bich, great name to bring on as a sub

Ludo

Can we buy another team in the same Asian confederation?

Lekos

Grapevine says we are already talking to a Chinese Super League team (and have been for a while). We don't own a majority of Yokohama so another club purchase with controlling stake should be OK.

nimrod

This is the Mail but if its a bit true its quite amazing

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on December 01, 2015, 18:12:37
Could this be the start of them selling us off for good?

Nope, getting a foothold in China at this level means getting Chinese government approval and also a Chinese company taking a stake in the venture. 13% entitles them to one seat on the 7-strong CFG board but they have no effective say in company policy.

reddishblue

Lekos

Quote from: nimrod on December 02, 2015, 02:09:36
This is the Mail but if its a bit true its quite amazing

Well, the 'Man City' value is wrong. That figure applies to City Football Group.  MCFC is valued around £800m.

gavin

I'm not sure how MCFC is worth less than half of CFG.

Lekos

Well NYCFC and Melbourne have a value and 20% of Yokohama, plus City Football Group in terms of a business that offer consulting, etc. I'll try and find it online and post a link. Might be a little more, but not much.

Lekos

Can't find the article with that info in. Can't be arsed to look anymore, but forbes values MCFC at $1.375 billion USD, £920m.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/manchester-city/

If / when I find the other article I'll post it.

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on December 02, 2015, 21:17:37
Well, the 'Man City' value is wrong. That figure applies to City Football Group.  MCFC is valued around £800m.

thought so

is that figure 'after' we finish paying Danny Mills ?

Lekos

Yeah, that's why the forbes estimate is out by £120m

Lekos

MCFC valued at £905m in this article

Link.

nimrod

Interesting article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3342733/Manchester-City-gone-noisy-neighbours-matching-rivals-Man-United-pitch.html

How things have changed haha

2005-6  season buys;

Andy Cole - Fulham - Free
Darius Vassell - Aston Villa - £2m
Yasser Hussein - Al-Sadd - Undisclosed
Tuomas Happala - Free
Georgios Samaras - Heerenveen - £6m
Albert Riera - Espanyol - Loan
Matt Mills - Southampton - Undisclosed
Joe Hart - Shrewsbury - £1.5m
Paul Dickov - Blackburn Rovers - Free
TOTAL SPEND: £9.5m