News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini

Started by KunDB, December 05, 2015, 17:59:06

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Not much point dumping him mid-season, but he has been here long enough for most to form an opinion on him. Nice guy, top bloke, but just not good enough to move us on to where we want to be and have the players to be. That's my opinion.

The Liverpool game and now today's are a clear indication that he has lost the dressing room.

His tactics are bewildering at times. Today why Bony was not off at half-time I do not have a clue (not even sure why he started, the guy does not give a toss). Why he took Fernandinho off leaving Fernando on and then using our final sub with half a hour left only for Fernando to get injured leaving us with 10 men. An almighty cock-up, what else could he have got wrong, well apart from the set up which he always gets wrong, we just have no balance in the side, secure our defence first and then go for all out attack, if that is what he wants. 

Instead of making hay when the sun shines (our main opponents badly weakened) and winning trophies galore we are laying backing and enjoying it as if it was a holiday break. Yes we have won trophies but we should and could have won more, and certainly should have won the PL title a few times more.

No wins in our last 4 away games and out of 15 PL games this season we have only won 9 and have lost 4. Not good enough, nowhere near good enough.

He is an ok manager, a nice guy, but if we want to reach the pinnacle we need to be ruthless and only have the very best at the club and managing the club.

We need to start planning for life after Pellegrini, the players already have it would seem.

Ludo

I don't know that he's lost the dressing room but certainly some of his team selections leave me bewildered.

Midweek he took off a woefully ineffective Bony and put on Iheanacho who scored, surely that merited a start today. Likewise for Delph, he played well against Southampton and again in midweek yet he's dropped in place of a one paced Fernando, who couldn't tackle to save his life.

bluebrendan

I think Fernandinho had taken a knock, he looked to be limping slightly as he went off, there can't be any other rational explanation for leaving Fernando on, I lost count of how many tackles he missed.

It's crazy that a squad that is so geared to attack can be as feeble as we've been in the last 3 away PL games, no away league goals now since De Bruyne at Spurs at the end of September. Managerially, it seems as if we're marking time waiting for Guardiola but what if he doesn't come? The whole season could just be a write off which would be unforgivable.

NileRivers

Dont rule out Mourinho get the chop Pellegrini will follow immediatelly for Mourinho to come in as a standby until Pep arrives? If Mourinho excels might then hold onto him.
Speculative but cannot be ruled out :)

Ludo

I think we can safely rule that out

nimrod

Quote from: NileRivers on December 05, 2015, 19:46:11
Dont rule out Mourinho get the chop Pellegrini will follow immediatelly for Mourinho to come in as a standby until Pep arrives? If Mourinho excels might then hold onto him.
Speculative but cannot be ruled out :)

Thats a bit left field mate, but Ive ruled it out  :D

Cant see Maureen here at all

Pellers has the loook of Keegan in his last 2 games, fooking clueless, like he's thrown the towel in........his team set ups and motivational preparations and substitutions are very weak.

I honestly think he needs to go this week and a stand in taking over till summer (unless Ancelotti can come in ) , he cant do any worse

gavin

At the moment Vinny has far more impact than the manager. It is not really good enough. But we just better hope he gets fit soon.

Neil Mcnab

Klopps impact in the league immediately puts the spotlight on other managers performances. Pelle is struggling. Ancelloti is the only alternative the owners would consider who is available. Not a bad choice.

Stephen Paul

I think he is on borrowed time and he knows it .

Some poor team selections lately !!

clevblue

Perhaps he has trouble handling top players in our tough league. Mancini did didn't he? Well its clear he'll go if we don't win owt this season. I think we have too many nice blokes in charge

NileRivers

Could not come up with immediate replacement with some pedigree.There you have it Ancelotti could be the man till June when negotiations with Pep will be at advanced stage.If he declines Ancelotti will easily fill in? I think Pellegrini best days at City passed him.Will need to see next couple of weeks performances for any revival or so.

nimrod

Quote from: NileRivers on December 06, 2015, 10:25:13
Could not come up with immediate replacement with some pedigree.There you have it Ancelotti could be the man till June when negotiations with Pep will be at advanced stage.If he declines Ancelotti will easily fill in? I think Pellegrini best days at City passed him.Will need to see next couple of weeks performances for any revival or so.

fuck Pep

Get Ancelotti in, let him sort things out, he's a top world class manager

Stephen Paul

goat

brendan

the old one or the binned by dippers one

KunDB

It can wait until season end for a new manager, however, Brendan Rodgers a proven failed 'deluded legendary' manager NO NO NO. He has achieved nothing of note. Mourinho has caused enough chaos at every club he has went and tarnished their reputations (hence why his stays are short). Just look at Chelsea in meltdown, RM could not wait to get shot of him, surely the signs are blatantly obvious and screaming out at us DO NOT APPOINT this obnoxious useless prick. He might give us some short -term success but at the expense of the club and long-term success.

Pep and Carlo would be options worth considering in my opinion and both should be available at the end of the season.

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on December 06, 2015, 13:24:54
brendan

the old one or the binned by dippers one

For a cut-rate wage of £500k per year I'd happily take the job, although I'm not sure how the players would react to my scientific state of the art training routine.  ;)

"Right lads, we're off to Wythenshawe Park for a 5-mile run, watch out for the dogshit and the broken glass."

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on December 06, 2015, 11:51:23
fuck Pep

Get Ancelotti in, let him sort things out, he's a top world class manager

What do you like about Carlo more than Pep?

Neil Mcnab

We dont know what is going on behind the scenes. Pep could have already agreed to come in the summer and Pelle is a dead man walking. That could be part of our problems now.
If not, then Ancelloti is available immediately.

They are both a bigger draw for potential players.

Ludo

Quote from: Swiss on December 06, 2015, 18:47:16
What do you like about Carlo more than Pep?

I don't know about Nimrod but I'd plump for Ancelotti only because Pep's success is is more recent and with already established and successful clubs. To me Ancelotti has a bit more experience in building teams.

Swiss

I would prefer Pep, I like his teams playing style, his energy & he's the man!

Ancelotti would be fine, he's just not quite the man!