News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Battle for CL places (3rd or 4th)

Started by KunDB, April 24, 2016, 15:56:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Getting very tight. Cannot see Utd lose their easy games against teams with nought to play for. So it is good Arsenal dropped points today as drawing at the Eithad will not be enough for them now if it is down to us and them in a fight for 3td or 4th place. 

Take it back about Utd Leicester and Norwich are no givens, so even better that Arsenal dropped points today and we are 3rd albeit on GD.

gavin

City just need to win the games and the others can't do anything that is the main thing. The rags are liable to lose one I'd say anyway. But we should focus just on what we're doing.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on April 24, 2016, 17:57:52
City just need to win the games and the others can't do anything that is the main thing. The rags are liable to lose one I'd say anyway. But we should focus just on what we're doing.

Thumbs up. Utd not qualifying is just a bonus. But we must make sure we do!

Man City   ------------Arsenal   -------Man Utd   -------West Ham   -------Liverpool
----------------------------------   ---Leicester (h)   -----West Brom (a)---------------
Southampton (a)-----Norwich (h)   ---Norwich (a)   -----Swansea (h)   ------Swansea (a)
Arsenal (h)   -----------Man City (a)   ---West Ham (a)   -----Man Utd (h)   ------Watford (h)
Swansea (a)   ----Aston Villa (h)---Bournemouth (h)--Stoke (a)   ------Chelsea (h)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------West Brom (a)
Points left
9 points--------------9 points-----------12 points------------ 12 points------------12 points

Current points
64---------------------64-----------------59--------------------56-------------------- 55

Minimum of 2 wins & 1 draw to guarantee CL spot on GD if utd don't drop points. City are + 20 goals ahead

KunDB

I just could not stomach that bunch stealing a CL place ahead of us.

I reckon we have the hardest games given the two CL games interjecting. Beat Southampton and the odds will favour us.