News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Lee Mason

Started by KunDB, January 10, 2017, 17:47:45

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Has Lee Mason got a bias against City and a twinkle in the eye for Utd?

Article examining Mason's decisions in MEN

Remember stats can lie but they can also show bias.

Extract: "

Perhaps the distribution of yellow cards in City games is worthy of scrutiny, however.

The Blues have built a reputation as a footballing team, and not a dirty one, in the past five and a half seasons.

And yet they have picked up 20 yellow cards in the ten games Mason has reffed. That two a game average is significantly higher than their overall average of 1.7 a game.

Again, by contrast, United have fared much better â€" they average 1.09 yellows a game reffed by Mason, and 1.63 a game overall.

Again, there is nothing to suggest anything untoward about those figures, but they do seem oddly out of kilter.

And for City fans â€" and now City players and manager â€" who were puzzled by his officiating on Monday, they simply add fuel to the fire."

My verdict: For me these stats show Lee Mason, whether intentional or not, needs to be concerned he has a serious bias issue.

Lekos

I tend not to give a shit.

zacc

::) read this t'other day same ol' regarding City eh? 

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on January 10, 2017, 22:56:21
I tend not to give a shit.

Well worth posting then. Perhaps you should let the MEN editor know this?

Lekos

Didn't realise he posted on here.

gavin

The rags have long had the best of refereeing because of the pressure they put on refs. It doesn't make Mason special!

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 11, 2017, 20:57:19
The rags have long had the best of refereeing because of the pressure they put on refs. It doesn't make Mason special!

Well that is partly true but I think Mason's stats are just a little bit more exceptional than other referees for Utd.

reddishblue

You read and believe the MUEN. Fuck off and read Martin Samuel  :D

Stephen Paul

Mason has the cards out before a foul is given ffs against us