News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chairman's interview

Started by gavin, June 19, 2023, 12:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Vickki

An honest interview I thought. It's good he wants to build a legacy throughout the City group and have a strong academy of young players.I also liked his comments on City's net spend being lower than other clubs in the premiership and yet we get accused of buying everything,  having a small squad when City are accused of having a large squad.
The future seems brighter with his leadership. Pep may be on board for more than the 2 years left on his contact, but if not, who is going to continue this legacy journey? Whomever it may be just might surprise us all! 😁👍

gavin

There's a lot of bollocks in the media about spending. Sure, when the new owners came in they had to invest big but now it is very much a sustainable approach. Not that I think that there is anything wrong with business owners investing in their business. It is perfectly normal for businesses to be loss making whilst growing at speed. FFP is a gross manipulation of normal business practice for the benefit of a few established clubs.

Anyway, Part Two is linked below.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/chairman-2023-annual-interview-part-two-63822846

Stephen Paul

Top bloke and a very smart business man