News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who goes, who stays and who do we buy?

Started by Swiss, May 15, 2015, 15:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Yep, so a squad of 25.

If you don't have 8 hg, you reduce the amount of non-hg.

clevblue

Haha, I like this one - from the TElegraph of all places!

Seven reasons Raheem Sterling is a better signing than Bastian Schweinsticker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11736134/Seven-reasons-Raheem-Sterling-is-a-better-signing-than-Bastian-Schweinsteiger.html

I think they may be right

Ludo

Quote from: Swiss on July 13, 2015, 13:24:50
Yep, so a squad of 25.

If you don't have 8 hg, you reduce the amount of non-hg.

Can't we just count some of the kids as the 8 homegrown or do they have to be a certain age?

Swiss

Yes, but the whole point is that you can anyway as they're under 21.

Depends how greedy we are with player numbers

Swiss

Squad as it stands

GK: Hart, Cabellero & Wright (2 x HG)
LB: Kolarov, Clichy (1 x HG)
CM: Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Denayer (1 x HG)
RB: Zabaleta, Sagna
LM: N/a
CM: Silva, Fernandino, Yaya, Fernando, Nasri
RM: Navas, Sterling (Subject to medical) (1 x HG)
ST: Aguero, Bony, Dzeko, Jovetic

squad size 22 (Max 25 of over 21's, squad includes 2 x under 21's)
HG = 5 (Minimum 8 or squad restrictions)
Non-HG = 17 (Maximum)

Current Status: Good to Go for the new season in terms of squad Non-HG/HG rule.

If we sign Pogba and De Bruyne, I don't beleive either will be HG meaning we'll have to lose 2 x Non-HG.
Dzeko and Jovetic look to be on their way out so there's room for the other two, but looks light in the striking department (leaving 2).
Also heavy on the CM department with 6 (5 + Pogba).
If we're playing 451 next season this will mean 3 berths for CM and 1 for striker, which to me, confirms that we're playing this formation given squad players at our disposal.

We can boost one of the strikers with Ian Nacho or one of the other teenagers we've just signed up front (The Turkish and French lads): Or two of them...
Can't do much worse than Dzeko or Jevetic last year!

Reports we're lining up James McCarthy or Ross Barkely from Everton... Must be a replacement for Fernando who had a miserable season... Would Add 1 to our HG quota, but would they add anything to our squad?

bry the guy

The HG or British rule is crap.The main reason the EPL is so popular is because it attracts the best players in the world and forcing clubs to have HG players is just weakening the EPL,fuck the England team.

clevblue

Quote from: bry the guy on July 14, 2015, 14:04:34
The HG or British rule is crap.The main reason the EPL is so popular is because it attracts the best players in the world and forcing clubs to have HG players is just weakening the EPL,fuck the England team.

Very true

also :

" the whole “City ruin English players” cliche is groundless guff.

In fact, English players have picked up a grand total of 24 medals in the last five years â€" more than at any other English club.

Of course, there have been let-downs, and everyone throws up the names of Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell and Adam Johnson â€" but they also ignore the success stories of Joe Hart, James Milner, Gareth Barry Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott."

Swiss

Quote from: bry the guy on July 14, 2015, 14:04:34

It's not something I mind actually, with 17 non-HG allowed in your team, still allows us to get the best foreign talent and ensures our youth team actually means something. 5 years time I reckon we'll be churning out quite a lot of decent talent.

remember HG doesn't have to be English.

bry the guy

But your meant to have 5 british players and that number will be 8 in 3 years time or did i nightmare that?

goat

5 homegrown bry, dont have to be british

bry the guy

Swiss

you're right though that Scudamore wants to raise the HG quota.

bry the guy

I thought he wanted to raise the Brittish Quota to help the England team im sure it was to 5 and going up to 8 in five years.Thats why i said it was weakening the prem.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9786002/premier-league-bosses-back-greg-dyke8217s-quota-plan

Swiss

Sorry, Dyke not Scudamore!

Would be nice to have a good english team again (Or wherever you are from the isles!)

Last time I got really excited was 96

Swiss

Berbatov on a free...

Medal available.

bry the guy

Swiss

Badaboom!

Goaty balls fave defensive mid!

I'd prefer him over the Nando's!

And ffs, do we have shares in Porto??? We're being linked with two more of their players!

Swiss

Press are at opposite poles with De Bruyne, some convinced he'll stay, some that he'll leave.

Otamendi in the picture, red tops stating we're stealing him from Utd...

Do we need him?

Demi prob in his last season
Mangala looks like bambi on ice
Denayer unknown

I'd say yes and loan out Mangala to someone like Villa, could do him a world of good with a season with someone else in the prem under his belt.

bry the guy

Quote from: Swiss on July 21, 2015, 20:33:40
Press are at opposite poles with De Bruyne, some convinced he'll stay, some that he'll leave.

Otamendi in the picture, red tops stating we're stealing him from Utd...

Do we need him?

Demi prob in his last season
Mangala looks like bambi on ice
Denayer unknown

I'd say yes and loan out Mangala to someone like Villa, could do him a world of good with a season with someone else in the prem under his belt.
What have you got against Villa? :D

Swiss

I estimated we had roughly £240m (with player sales) to spend this window/season.

So far we have
£44m (£5m on add ons that haven't been spent yet). Sterling
8m Delph
8m Roberts (£3m add ons).
£2m Unal
£2m Faupala (assumed).

Total £64m

£240m - £64m = £176m left in the war chest: How to spend it???

Assuming we sell Dzeko & Jovetic, do we need a striker?
Aguero, Bony, Iheanacho With Sterling/Nasri as emergency striker: It's a gamble but if we're only playing one up top then why would we need another?

Wide fwd/mid: We assume we're in for De Bruyne. We have Sterling, Navas, Roberts, Barker. Depending on loans for the kids, Yes, at least one.

Creative CM: We have Silva, Nasri, Rony Lopes: Good here

Box 2 Box/ General/ goal scorer: Yaya: Need to strengthen here

Holding/ Defensive Mid/ We have Delph, Fernando, F'Dinho, Zucullini, Manu Garcia: We're too heavy here, need to lose one or two,

LB: Clichy, Kolarov, Angelino. Possible change in one of the players as both turn 30 this year. Angelino on loan.

RB: Zabba, Sagna, Maffeo: No real need to change this season. Sagna is 32 and would be "A" change, but not necessary this year.

CB: Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Denayer. Demi turns 35 in December, Mangala hasn't convinced anyone yet, Denayer unproven. I'd say yes to strengthen.

GK: Hart, Willy, Wright: No need to buy save to replace Willy (no pun intended).

So:

1 x Winger
1 x Mid General/Box2boxer
1 x LB
1 x CB

£176m

Who would you buy!? (You don't have to fill all 4 roles).