News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Burgerstain - end of season review

Started by Neil Mcnab, May 28, 2015, 13:41:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Our director of football must be in line for his P45?

Mangala - for £31 millilon was expecting Cannavaro, now it was really £42 million, Nesta. Instead the French Micah Richards turned up. Some say he has improved towards the end of the season, he had a blinder against Chelsea earlier on in the season. In the game against Swansea I watched an American stream, the pundit said Mangala was dazed, out of position and totally deceived. Just like anyone watching him play and looking at his price tag. He was known as inconsistent in Portugal, nothing has changed. I am not having a go at the player, he cant help the daft price that was paid for him.

Fernando- the crab/slug. Nuff said.

Lampard - best signing of last summer and free

Bony - no chance to shine yet, but will do.

Overall if he had been blindfolded and choose some football stickers, would probably have done better.
The only reason he might keep his job is the owners belief that he might be able to help persuade the "chosen one" to join us next season. No not Moyes, but the sainted Pep.

gavin

He doesn't have a great record with transfers it has to be said. Indeed, our best signings were before he arrived. The manager he appointed isn;t doing him many favours either. I'm sure Mangala would be a much better player under Mancini as Kompany and Zab were.

Neil Mcnab

I thought director of footballs main role was bringing in the "talent". If hes no good at it, he needs to go.

gavin

The title implies he has control of the football side of the business. That would start with appointing the manager then it would be up to the Director how much authority in deciding incomings the manager has. I would suspect that Manuel was behind the signings of Demi and Willy at least so he has at least some input. Whatever, the two of them have had two full seasons together and one was successful and the other not. I would say that Manuel should definitely have done much better in managing and coaching the team this season and some of last but then again Begiristan must certainly take much of the blame for the handling of the sacking of Mancini and the possibility it cost us the FA Cup that season, as well as the poor signings since.

If they don't go this season, it is pretty clear they must succeed next season.

nimrod

So were apparently 'interested' in another over rated English player, who exactly wants to buy this idiot, is it Pelle or Burger ? whoever, they want clearing out of the club. Would be more money wasted on an average player (and like Sterling, a troubled one)

What a trio we could end up with, Wilshire, Barclay & Sterling

Then again its the Mail so could be made up, this rumour keeps rearing its ugly head though

The only British players for me are Welsh.......... Bale or Ramsey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3103217/Jack-Wilshere-wanted-Arsenal-insists-Arsene-Wenger-amid-Man-City.html

Swiss

Missed grealish off that list.

Watched him a bit more closely yesterday. He's actually not a bad player. He's got good close control and passes the ball well. Not a left wing/ forward though

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on May 31, 2015, 10:14:23
Missed grealish off that list.

Watched him a bit more closely yesterday. He's actually not a bad player. He's got good close control and passes the ball well. Not a left wing/ forward though

shitty name though