News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sterling

Started by Victoria, January 01, 2023, 19:30:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

This from a Chelsea fan made me laugh:
"2022 Business Award: Goes to Man City for selling Sterling"
I thought so too 🤣🤣🤣

gavin

He scored a decent goal today. I wouldn't laugh too hard before we play them twice in a week. It could come back to bite.

Neil Mcnab

Never rated him, should have taken Mahrez with him.

gavin

and yet Mahrez scored a beauty against Liverpool and a wonderful assist against Everton

Neil Mcnab

I know its a tough comparison, but you watch a player like KDB defending, tackling, adding to the team outside his playmaking, Mahrez is  poor in defence and is often completely missing in general play, predictable, cut inside and not the fastest. Other than that..

Victoria

Neil, are you unwittingly comparing  Marhez with Ronaldo?
"Mahrez is  poor in defence and is often completely missing in general play."
🤣🤣

Neil Mcnab

gavin

For sure he ain't KDB or Bernard but he does contribute a lot more than many City fans seem to think.

Stephen Paul

He scored some valuable goals for us but also missed some howlers
Keep him on the bench on Thursday

93:2012

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on January 02, 2023, 12:01:50
I know its a tough comparison, but you watch a player like KDB defending, tackling, adding to the team outside his playmaking, Mahrez is  poor in defence and is often completely missing in general play, predictable, cut inside and not the fastest. Other than that..

This is the problem Mahrez is ultra predictable and as he gets older he slows the game more and more and loses the edge that made him magic. Sell.

gavin

Mahrez move to create the goal at weekend was a bit different. His default move still works regularly too. Though, he is very frustrating at time I must admit.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: gavin on January 03, 2023, 20:06:34
Mahrez move to create the goal at weekend was a bit different. His default move still works regularly too. Though, he is very frustrating at time I must admit.

Just keep him away from penalties

KunDB

Selling Sterling was always good business, decent as he was he was unlikely to improve and very likely to deteriorate in a year or two. Not good given he was no real goalscorer.

Mahrez is firmly in the same boat now and a younger better replacement would be good business without doubt.

bbk

Decent player in a wonderful system. He will score tonight though, no doubt.

Victoria

He can't,  he came off early.

sir cliff

I was most pleased when Sterling moved on...Mahrez was another I wanted to see the back of but he just keeps coming up with vital goals lately...very frustrating player, does something great and then goes missing in games.

gavin

Bit cheeky singing 'Raheem Sterling - he's tenth in the league'