News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Goal of the Season Contender

Started by KunDB, October 03, 2015, 21:10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

That absolutely sublime piece of finishing skill shown by DeBruyne for our 4th goal today must surely be an early contender for goal of the season.

What a superhb all round player he is proving to be. Cheap at the price if you ask me.

clevblue

I like the way he said he wasn't happy in the first half but was determined to improve, that's the attitude needed.  He could become a top player if he carries on that way

gavin

reddishblue

Tricky Trev

Certainly looks like he could be worth all that money.

Victoria

Just think of this: If Rooney the Grannie Shagger scored this goal, the media would be wanking (yes I know the term) themselves for years over this goal. However, since it is a city player it won't make the top five goal of the season contenders.

Fantastic goal  :)

Neil Mcnab

KDB apparently is not keen on the limelight. Could be what he wanted to do came off, but is not keen on the aftermath so played it down. Great player.

Tricky Trev

A well taken goal, but it didn't look all too elegant at first. Watching the replay it's actually well taken and elegant.

KunDB

MOTD/Alan Shearer dismissed it as a mishit. So typical of these so called experts.

"A little bit of a fluke of a finish." Well no Alan a superbly executed finish to a well executed move.

zacc

his footy style is pleasing on the eye :D

Victoria

Quote from: Zabba on October 04, 2015, 08:29:20
MOTD/Alan Shearer dismissed it as a mishit. So typical of these so called experts.

"A little bit of a fluke of a finish." Well no Alan a superbly executed finish to a well executed move.

This supports my comment earlier and Shearer was incapable of scoring such a goal. So I suggest there is some professional jealousy here also.

ebm1991

No one menciones who pased the ball to him!
Por Navas, he reserves somne thing also

bry the guy

The game changed when Navas came on. :D

zacc

agree Navas last 2 games as sub have been good he's actually managing to get useful crosses in ;)

Ludo

He did shin it but it was a great effort nonetheless

gavin

It's okay, you can shin the goal of the season, for some the goal of the century it seems.

KunDB

I have watched replay after replay (not great quality) and it appears to be hit with the outside of his right boot, not his shin.

lee

Quote from: Tori on October 04, 2015, 12:49:03

This supports my comment earlier and Shearer was incapable of scoring such a goal. So I suggest there is some professional jealousy here also.

shearer would have elbowed some poor sod first

bry the guy

That Wooney goal against us was of his shin but a wonder goal according to sky.

KunDB

Heres what KDB said about the goal.

Trending
Wayne Rooney
Manuel Pellegrini
Manchester City
Manchester United

Sport
    City Centre
    Music & Nightlife
    Food & Drink

Home
    Sport
    Football
    Football News
    Manchester City FC

Manchester City: De Bruyne opens up about 'fluke' strike against Newcastle

10 comments
    23:00, 4 Oct 2015
    Updated 08:57, 5 Oct 2015
    By Stuart Brennan

Belgian talks about his spectacular goal and reveals how much he's enjoying playing alongside David Silva.

Tweet
    +1
    LinkedIn

Kevin de Bruyne has admitted there was an element of luck about his acrobatic goal against Newcastle.

The Belgian's twisting volley will forever be known as the “other” goal to Aguero's record-equalling five â€" but it looked to be the most spectacular of the lot.

But de Bruyne was honest enough to admit that the contact with the outside of his right boot which lifted the ball neatly over goalkeeper Tim Krul, was not entirely intentional.

“It was the intention to fire and score,” he said. “Of course I had to turn 90 degrees with a ball in the air, so I think I did well. You have to have luck, but you should always try.”

So I was right it was outside of his boot NOT SHIN and a wonderful piece of skill. Bet its not even listed for MOTD Goal of the Month, Shearer and co are so twisted.

bluebrendan

Tbf to Shearer it was no fluke when he shinned Neil Lennon's head!  ;)