News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Tales of Blue

Started by Tales of Blue, October 25, 2022, 16:22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales of Blue

Please take a look at my YouTube channel dedicated to former players, staff and fans Q&A's sharing their City memories.

You'll find Q&A's with the likes of Paul Simpson, Rodney Marsh, David Phillips, Jim Whitley, Tommy Hutchison, Steve Daley, Terry Phelan, Nicky Weaver, Neil Pointon, Les Chapman, Kevin Horlock & Uwe Rosler and others with many ex-players lined up including Paul Lake & Clive Allen.

Subscription is free and takes a matter of seconds which will be much appreciated as I try and build the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY5BdBapnML251jYkablsuQ

gavin

I've watched a few previously and enjoyed them. Good work.

Tales of Blue

Quote from: gavin on October 25, 2022, 16:27:59
I've watched a few previously and enjoyed them. Good work.

Thanks Gavin and feel free to subscribe as we try and build the channel which is free to do and will take a matter of seconds.

lee

Good work as always Mark.Loving the book as well.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Victoria

Neil Pointon 🥰❤❤

Tales of Blue

Quote from: lee on October 25, 2022, 19:31:08
Good work as always Mark.Loving the book as well.

Thanks Lee and hoping for volume two next year :)

Tales of Blue

Quote from: Victoria on October 25, 2022, 21:50:44
Neil Pointon 🥰❤❤

Great fella to chat with Victoria and was very unfairly treated by Peter Reid

bbk

Can you throw up a link to the book mentioned by Lee?

Tales of Blue

Morning mate,

I can arrange a copy if drop us a message

gavin

I very much enjoyed the David Phillips video. He was always a favourite player of mine even when I saw him playing for so many other clubs later in his career. What a shot he had on him. It was a proper fuck up selling him. Shame to hear of Billy McNeill's behaviour too. That red and black away shirt was one of the very best.

Tales of Blue

Tales of Blue caught with former City midfielder Danny Tiatto during 2021 who shared his memories of his six years a blue spanning three tiers of English football including his initial trial under Frank Clark, Promotion's, team-mates and his disappointment at moving on, plus much more.

SUBSCRIPTION IS FREE WITH NEW SUBSCRIBERS WELCOME

Tales of Blue

Quote from: gavin on October 28, 2022, 22:42:07
I very much enjoyed the David Phillips video. He was always a favourite player of mine even when I saw him playing for so many other clubs later in his career. What a shot he had on him. It was a proper fuck up selling him. Shame to hear of Billy McNeill's behaviour too. That red and black away shirt was one of the very best.

He was really great to talk to and is obviously really fond of his spell with us which was crazy the way he was treated. A top fella

Tales of Blue

COMING SOON – Barry Silkman – Tales of Blue

Tales of Blue will be catching up with the former City midfielder who was a real maverick of the game and was signed by an evening bigger maverick in then manager Malcolm Allison during 1979, Barry would also go onto to see a different side of football after retirement when becoming a hugely successful football agent.

Really looking forward to this one.

SUBSCRIBE TO TALES OF BLUE: ON THE LINK BELOW

gavin

Danny Tiatto and Super Kevin Horlock were another couple of my old favourites. It is amazing how those years, even the year in Div Two, still conjure fond memories. That year was probably the most I ever watched City as we went to a lot of away games. To go straight through Division One to the Prem shows that we had some decent players despite sinking so low. Players like Danny and Kev weren't out of place in the Prem either. Top characters in a team both even though Danny could go over the top on occasion.

Tales of Blue

NEW EPISODE: Barry Silkman – Tales of Blue

Tales of Blue caught up with the former City midfielder who gave a fascinating insight on his time at Maine Road including saving Ray Ranson's City career, Colin Bell and how a Malcolm Allison AWOL episode cost him his City career.

Barry is real top fella who later became, and still is a top football agent who once offered City current Premier League midfielder Declan Rice.

lee

Comes across alright Barry.Only seen him play a few times for City when i was a kid as he wasn't around long.
Great interviews Mark.Keep em coming.

KunDB

For others like me (fanatics) really enjoying these excellent interviews with past players by Mark McCarthy 'Tales of Blue'. I would also recommend 'Ian Cheeseman Forever Blues' Matchday videos: interviews before and after each match with a mix of fans and former players and others. They are on YouTube. Yesterdays match included a short interview with Kevin Keegan, who has not changed in looks in twenty + years.

Enjoyable whether you like it don't like Man City fan & journalist/broadcaster cheesy.