News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Bony v Iheanacho

Started by gavin, March 05, 2016, 22:16:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Only one winner for me. Wtf does Pelle see??

KunDB

I'm kind of presuming Pelle picked him as a prime transfer target to replace Dzeko. Dzeko was poor but a star compared to Bony.

Ludo

Just watched the highlights again on MOTD and still can't work out how he missed that chance in the first half.

To say he's dog shit is an insult to dog shit.

Swiss

At swansea he was good. Not sure what the mental fuck up is. I guess some players don't have that "thing" that pushes them on to compete. Most strikers would prob fear competition with kun...

But yes, Nacho was miles better than bony. Still needs to improve on his game, a little clumsy at times but he's got a lot of the raw attributes.

Neil Mcnab

Bony is never fully match fit as he does not play enough games. I guess he needs to be first choice, playing week in week out, then there will be consistently better performances. He would be sharper. Never going to happen with us.

Iheanacho is a prospect, but will start to get itchy feet, again for the promise of a regular starting spot.

Its a difficult spot to fill, as if we play with one striker, it will be Kun.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 06, 2016, 11:09:34
Bony is never fully match fit as he does not play enough games. I guess he needs to be first choice, playing week in week out, then there will be consistently better performances. He would be sharper. Never going to happen with us.

I think you're right - after all Bony looked sharp enough before he joined us. He just doesn't play enough regular games and looks a shadow of what he used to be. And contracting malaria in the off-season can't have helped. 

Iheanacho to my eyes looks a more versatile player. Someone who potentially can play as an out-and-out striker, or as an attacking mid, or out wide (at a pinch). It's a view he would do well to nurture if he wants to maximise his playing opportunities. All will depend on Pep though...

Victoria

time for Bony to move on. Maybe the lack of games has taken its tell on his performances. For me, either way, he has been a disapointment.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 06, 2016, 11:28:54
Iheanacho to my eyes looks a more versatile player. Someone who potentially can play as an out-and-out striker, or as an attacking mid, or out wide (at a pinch). It's a view he would do well to nurture if he wants to maximise his playing opportunities. All will depend on Pep though...

Great minds, nearly posted similar. An all rounder would have the potential to play more games in a variety of positions. Jese at Real Madrid could be an example.

bluebrendan

Iheanacho fits into our style of play far better than Bony, who always looks off the pace if the passing speeds up a bit. Iheanacho's other main advantage for me is that he regularly attacks the 6 yard area and gives the likes of Navas, KdB and Sterling something more to aim at rather than trying to pick out Sergio among a mass of defenders.

Iheanacho can certainly play behind the main striker as well so with a tactically aware manager in charge he should be getting a decent amount of game time next season.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on March 08, 2016, 07:39:17
Iheanacho fits into our style of play far better than Bony, who always looks off the pace if the passing speeds up a bit. Iheanacho's other main advantage for me is that he regularly attacks the 6 yard area and gives the likes of Navas, KdB and Sterling something more to aim at rather than trying to pick out Sergio among a mass of defenders.

Iheanacho can certainly play behind the main striker as well so with a tactically aware manager in charge he should be getting a decent amount of game time next season.

Hey Brenders you always seem to say exactly what I think   :-*

gavin

Bony has got 5/10 last two matches from the MUEN which is tantamount to 0 from them. Though at least he did a nearlydecent pass for one of the goals last week. 2 out of 10 last week and 0 this week would be my marks.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on March 14, 2016, 21:27:00
Bony has got 5/10 last two matches from the MUEN which is tantamount to 0 from them. Though at least he did a nearlydecent pass for one of the goals last week. 2 out of 10 last week and 0 this week would be my marks.

And my marks too.

bluebrendan

Pellegrini will really piss me off if he starts Bony against that lot on Sunday.

Ludo

Worse if he starts him tomorrow

gavin

I reckon he will start tonight, just got a feeling. I hope I'm wrong but if I am he's probably saving him for Sunday  :-\.