News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City draw Chelsea in Carabao cup

Started by gavin, August 24, 2022, 23:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

But it's played in the week of 7th November so you can forget about it for now. Why bother doing the draw right after tonight's matches?

bbk

With all due respect to the LC, I'd be keen for us to either commit to playing a reserve side, or bow out early and focus on the CL and prem, especially with the soon to be mental fixture pile up. Happy with the draw as chelsea might put us out!

gavin

It's a good competition for fringe players to play and to try new things. If we play three or four kids and the rest fringe players or players coming back from injury then we can still be competitive. As we have been for years in it. I think it's very helpful to be in it in many ways.

KunDB

Probably best to exit first round as no point trying as it's Liverpool's primary target now the league title is beyond them.

reddishblue

Quote from: gavin on August 25, 2022, 13:50:56
It's a good competition for fringe players to play and to try new things. If we play three or four kids and the rest fringe players or players coming back from injury then we can still be competitive. As we have been for years in it. I think it's very helpful to be in it in many ways.

City's academy is second to none in the world. If they don't make it as a footballer, City have also invested in other education for them to ensure life progression.

bbk

Quote from: gavin on August 25, 2022, 13:50:56

Yes, if we treat it as a development / rehab exercise, no issue. I just don't want KdB, Silva, Foden, etc playing in it when it is not worth winning.