News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at home to a bigger club (Spuds)

Started by KunDB, January 21, 2017, 17:24:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on January 23, 2017, 23:08:59
I know you reckon refs are against us Zabba but I don't see it
An example is......Our first goal was handball

Sterling had already took a dive in the game and refs don't give him decisions because he does it quite often.

And the ref didn't see the sneaky push, he can't run as fast as the ball

I don't see it as handball; Yes it did hit his hand but the keeper headed it onto his hand from close range, therefore unintentional.

KunDB

No one of  sane mind (ignore pun) could call that intentional hand ball. 

KunDB

In terms of refs being against us well their decisions have been flawed at critical times in most of our recent big games. It's a mindset issue that derives from Skysport influence. Get a key decision wrong harming City no media fuss. Give a wrong decision in favour of City replay after replay, commentators outrage and calls for ref to be stood down. The opposite is broadly true for Utd and Liverpool as the commentators and Sky are Rags and Scouser centric.

nimrod

It's funny, fans of every club feel this way about refs

gavin

zacc

slightly off topic but shows type of bias from media when the former Utd manager refused to deal with the beeb
nowt said about it, present Utd manager has form for post match comments and it's viewed as a great yarn.
Pep stands up to annoying decisions in interviews he's deemed to be "tetchy " "irritated" "losing it"  same ol' ;)

Rowley Birkin QC

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is that we played well, were the better team (by some margin), and yet we could only carry off a single point.

We are a little shot shy sometimes. Aguero doesn't look at his instinctive best just now, and Sterling has a habit of wanting to take an extra touch before shooting. We were creative and quick with our passing and did more than enough to win the game handsomely - but this is the mighty Spurs and the rules say they always have to be kept in it or most of the London viewers turn off. I've nothing to say about our defensive lapses which hasn't been said already - aside from Spud's first goal being some of the worst ball watching from a City defence I've seen in a long while.

Our new Jesus looks very good!

Gareth

goat

well
jesus saves or so the adverts say

nimrod

Quote from: zacc on January 25, 2017, 12:57:49
slightly off topic but shows type of bias from media when the former Utd manager refused to deal with the beeb
nowt said about it, present Utd manager has form for post match comments and it's viewed as a great yarn.
Pep stands up to annoying decisions in interviews he's deemed to be "tetchy " "irritated" "losing it"  same ol' ;)

Aye but zacc he is tetchy and irritated,  it's like he's never talked to the press before and can't wait to get away

Rowley Birkin QC

Personally, I much prefer "tetchy and irritated and can't wait to get away" (Pep) to "bored shitless with nothing to say and can't wait to get away"(Pellegrini)

zacc

Quote from: nimrod on January 25, 2017, 23:27:04
Aye but zacc he is tetchy and irritated,  it's like he's never talked to the press before and can't wait to get away

true but it's a good way to deflect from answering the usual tripe they like to ask. ;)

nimrod

Personally I dont like the way he is , I dont really understand what he's saying half the time, he always seems to be about to crack up.

We all see it differently though

BongoBlue

Quote from: goat on January 25, 2017, 15:14:09
well

And Sterling doesn't score from the rebound...

OK that's unfair. I love Raheem. He just needs to shoot a little more quickly.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 25, 2017, 15:14:09
well

I expected more from you! I thought it'd be Zabba to trot that one out!