News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@Leeds

Started by KunDB, October 03, 2020, 16:32:48

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Quote from: stephenmcfc on October 03, 2020, 19:22:47
going to be a long season

You are underestimating that Leeds team and not taking account of fact for us it is like pre season at the minute.

We desperately need a striker starting.

lee

Left back and striker please

gavin

Absolute garbage. Not nearly good enough. It had to be three points today. It is going to be a very long and hopeless season in the league.

Stephen Paul

Ederson kept us in that game

Kilkenny Blue

OK the positives for me:

Laporte/Dias/Ake/Walker look strong and cohesive. 
Sterling getting off the mark.
Bernado looked sharp

We could have a penalty shout.  Weathered the storm but finished strong enough. 

Mendy should never, ever wear a City jersey again!  I wouldn't use him as a goalpost in a park kickabout!

Hesperus

Good debut from Diaz, thought we looked better defensively apart from Mendy and a howler from Ederson. Two great saves from Ederson too though.

Too light weight upfront and in midfield today. Thought pretty much all our offensive players were poor, even KBD. Foden, Mahrez and Torres all couldn’t hold the ball up. We don’t look anything like title challengers from the first 3 games. 5 points dropped and a negative GD. We need to sort it out and quick, doesn’t look like we’re going to make any other moves in the transfer window, so it’s going to feel like an age until we can get Aguero or Jesus back and we’ll drop a more points too during that period.

Neil Mcnab

Top 4 a stretch? For sure we arent winning the league. Course it can all change round in a few weeks. Mahrez, didnt want to sign him, there is something lacking in his game. Mendy is an embarrassment. Foden was absent from the game a lot.

lee

Might be worth trying Ake as a holding midfielder.Rodri is not cutting the mustard.

CTID

City impressing then running out of steam and struggling seems to be the norm these days.

Kilkenny Blue

What's the story with Cancelo?  Is he injured?

Swiss

Yes, cancelo is injured, not sure what with though.

Mendy had a mixed game. At times he looked strong on the ball, decent going forward. And others the game and players passed him by.

Walker needs good competition, he switches off too much. I'd also like to see him get more assists too.

Foden should have been subbed for Silva. He was sloppy in possession.

Stephen Paul

For me David Silva is irreplaceable , Foden stepping into those boots will not happen for a while yet anyway

We are not the same side that was full of hunger for 90 minutes , ripping teams apart 4 or 5 nil

A difficult season on the cards 

CTID

Mendy is out of the game more than in a game and is the target of attack for all opponents, a massive liability.

Swiss

I thought he (Mendy) improved a lot this game.

A lot of stick goes into him, some morebthan deserved, but he perhaps doesn't get as much cover as that position needs.

The DM position is crucial and we need to find a replacement for Dinho ASAP.

This is another transition year, and if we're not careful, we'll end up with all our stars being inadequately replaced.

Having technically good players is all well and good, but we need some bite too.

Hesperus

Mendy certainly played better and I think he knows he’s under extreme pressure, but he’s still not good enough unfortunately, I think that bad injury has had a huge impact on his game.

It’s not his fault though, the fault lies in our transfers over the previous two seasons. Considering we have the best manager in the world, we’ve let him down badly in the transfer market.

19/20 season Rodri, Cancelo and Angeleno
18/19 season Mahrez

Combined total nearly £200 million and none of those players improved the first team.

KunDB

Good to see Jose back at OT playing attacking open football. Lol. 4 1 Spuds approaching halftime and Utd down to ten men after leading from a soft first minute penalty.

lee

i hope spurs get 10