News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Top down clearout?

Started by Lekos, April 13, 2015, 08:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

The shit is all over the fan at the moment.  I guess things can change with a few good results.  Many of us think there should be a top down clearout at the club, but is that realistic?

Is it OTT to be all for getting rid of Begiristain, Pellegrini, and a shed load of players?  Will that not destabilise the Club further?

That's the mindset I'm in at the moment.  The only thing Pellegrini has managed to do this season is regress the Club, but the tools were handed to him by Begiristain, who arguably has done even worse with the signings he's brought in.  If one goes, logically the other should join him.

Player wise I'd like to see Yaya, Fernandinho, Clichy / Kolarov, Dzeko, Sagna and Nasri out of the door.  I'd like to see Milner sign another contract, but don't see that happening.

It's all a bit MEH.

Ludo

I'd certainly keep Fernandinho and get shot of Fernando.

But or transfer dealings this summer have to be much better.

Lekos

Keep Fernandinho?  I think he's been awful.

Lekos

Sorry, I've mixed them up.  I meant Fernando...

:-X

Ludo

chocovla

Ooooorrrrr we could choose to ride the storm out a bit. Remove the players who are clearly not up to the job and let Pellers build our new squad? Removing the manager and the entire technical platform would put us back at least three years before a new technical director and manager have things running the way they want.

Yes the performances have been awful but I'd rather address the real cause of these problems (unmotivated players and yes the manager deserves some criticism towards that) than to sack a manager and technical directors. It was only a year since Pellegrini brought us the title and league cup. I can't believe he's suddenly turned to shit.

Lekos

I want to agree with you, but finding it hard to justify keeping Pelle - we've regressed quite significantly. We must all agree our transfer policy has been shite and it's the Director of Football that should answer to that one.

Yes, players may be uninterested, etc etc, but ultimately it's the manager who must motivate them and sort them out. 

On the other hand...I want stability and Pelle to stay.  There's confusion for you.

lee

we need a world class left back(like rocking horse shit i know)

bye bye to yaya,dzeko,nasri,fernando,sagna..start with that little lot..there is a cancer in the team and the bad vibe players upsetting everyone..my moneys on nasri and yaya but im not a betting man..

as for the engineer well he can fuck off back to vospers..we need a football manager with brains

Lekos

Quote from: Even shitter Neville on the BBCAt times, United were out-numbering them four to two in the middle of the pitch.
That made it an impossible job for Toure and whoever is playing alongside him, and it has happened time and time again in City's big games this season.
The common denominator is 4-4-2, with Toure and either Fernandinho or Fernando in midfield.
Manuel Pellegrini keeps making the same mistake and it is City's system which is the problem - I don't think you can blame Toure.

Link to article. 

chocovla

Quote from: Lekos on April 13, 2015, 10:17:34
I want to agree with you, but finding it hard to justify keeping Pelle - we've regressed quite significantly. We must all agree our transfer policy has been shite and it's the Director of Football that should answer to that one.

Yes, players may be uninterested, etc etc, but ultimately it's the manager who must motivate them and sort them out. 

On the other hand...I want stability and Pelle to stay.  There's confusion for you.

Think the big question is why we've suddenly decided to show relegation form. After Mancini's last season in charge suddenly all kinds of stories surfaced about the bad relations between player and manager. If this is again the source of this sudden crapness, Pellegrini's position should be questioned because he hasn't managed to stop the rot. But it does make you question the kind of players who manage to oust two managers with their bad behaviour and attitude.

goat

can be tricky with the players tho, bet the arabs love the likes of aguero and silva and the club probably sell more nasri shirts than pellegrini ones. easier just to bin him

Tricky Trev

Keep Pelle? What? How can anyone possibly justify that? You talk about going back years by replacing him. What about not even getting into the cl? Now that is going back years, and is a REAL POSSIBILITY. Also in typical city way they will fail the qualification IF city can keep the 4th spot.

City Slicker

A number of our players look like their legs have gone now, Yaya obviously being one, and Zabba was another. Look around the squad and we have players seemingly not good enough for other teams like Sagna & Lampard (Frank has done ok when called on but he isn't the future is he?), and Demechelis far beyond his better days?

We haven't had anything close to width and wing play for too long now. Ironically both our goals came from turning the opposition to face their own goal but how often has that happened this season.
Navas is the one trick pony everyone has worked out now, Milner doesn't seem to get a run in the team. We don't even have a left sided player on the books going forward!

The Manager is guilty IMO of trying to keep them all happy instead of picking the best team, which is why every week we have two defensive changes? Result being no understanding. We are stuck with a major investment in Mangala, persevere with him, he has the pace which is the basic requirement so who knows? Ship out Kolarov and Sagna, go for English players who are a fair bit hungry? Clyne and Rose?

Next, too many ball players in midfield who don't want to work back, that's obvious and that creates uncertainty in defence! Oh for the days of security provided by NDJ! So Pogba it is then!!

Unfortunately, I still feel we are hamstrung by FFP so its not going to be easy to re-vamp as we found last summer.

Lekos

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Balls to buying any mediocre over priced English pile of shite. Just stick a couple of English youth team players in the squad to make up the numbers.

Neil Mcnab

What is the point of keeping Burgerstain? He has poor judgement with players we have brought in. Keep Burgerstain, blow millions, possibly 100s of millions on crap.
Who is choosing the players to bring in for Athletico Madrid, Porto or even Southampton? They are doing a better job.

It was a poor result against the scum, but Pelle should be able to turn around things very quickly. It is no use firing him off until we can bring in better. I see Viera mentioned as an interim. He might get a bounce, but it could just as likely go even worse.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I can't see any better than fourth from what's left of the season. Hopefully the bindippers will stay at bay. I'd be happy to see city play dire and just scrape fourth spot just to ensure that questions do get asked and hard decisions made. A strong finish to the season would just delay progression I rekon.

goat

to be fair burgerlad did spot messi was worth signing

Ludo

I imagine Stevie Wonder would have spotted that one.

gavin

Pellegrini should have been sacked today. He simply doesn't have the defensive capabilities to bring us success in Europe or consistent success at home. Quite possibly Txiki should go as well but it is not as bloody obvious from the stands that he can't do his job properly. It should be up to the new manager which players come and go.