News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Vieira to Newcastle.....?

Started by Leewonpen, June 01, 2015, 23:21:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Leewonpen

A loss to us, a logical step for him?
Personally I would have liked to see him developed as a future Head coach by working alongside MP....Newcastle is a basket case at the moment, why go there?

goat

he must be mental to go there

bry the guy

Ludo

If he has any ambition to be our first team manager then it's only logical that he gets as much experience as possible elsewhere.

Newcastle is probably as good a place to start as anywhere. He'll start with a fairly blank canvas and it may even be fit us if he takes a few of our EDS on loan.

Swiss

It does make sense for him to get propper experience, but then, we might as well just employ him anyway and give him all the help we can!

Does anyone watch the team he manages for us? Does he seem to be doing all the right things?

Looks as though Toon have dumped the idea if the red tops are to be trusted...

Rowley Birkin QC

This has to be the daftest football story I've heard in a fair while.

Swiss

Daft on who's behalf? Pat or Toon?

goat

any stats on how fucked up newcastle or tone?

not 100% and not like we will ever see them in first team but i reckon the city kids would batter newcastle

Swiss

45% of their goals were scored to the low right of the goal mouth
0% in the high centre

goal difference of -23
Scored 40, just over 1 per game
Conceded 63

Created 332 chances
Conversion rate of:
1 goal in 8.3 chances

Only scored 1 penalty all season

scored 8 set piece goals

Average of 49% possession

71 yellows 7 reds

clevblue

BBC Sport - French World Cup winner Patrick Vieira isn't going to become the new Head Coach at Newcastle with the Man City coach 'out of the running' leaving Steve McClaren as the favourite.

Why Aye in a Franco/Dutch accent will be fun if that happens. God I'd hate to be a Newcastle fan right now :)

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Swiss on June 02, 2015, 19:29:52
Daft on who's behalf? Pat or Toon?

The media's.

Total bollocks this story.

goat

apparently newcastle ruled him out for mclaren