News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

115 fraud/ Consipiracy charges.

Started by Vickki, January 21, 2024, 12:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

NEWS:

Etihad Airways are preparing a stock market IPO (initial public offering) following a profitable performance in 2023.
This process would allow full disclosure of all financial accounts and transactions to potential investors.
This is very bad news for the Premier League, who have the Etihad sponsorship deal at City under scrutiny as part of their 115 charges.

If it came to light that Etihad executives were involved in manipulating the sponsorship deal with City, it could cause serious damage to the company's reputation in the eyes of potential investors, if there are any skeletons in the closet, presenting the company accounts for IPO will uncover them.
Which begs the question... Why would Etihad Airways consider a move like this knowing it will have a negative impact on both Manchester City and themselves?
The answer is; they wouldn't. Because they've done nothing wrong.
Etihad wouldn't be willing to grant unfettered access into their financial affairs and corporate practices if it would uncover a smoking gun to prove fraud had been committed.

The Premier Leagues accusation is that City executives have colluded with officials from Etihad and have lied not only to the club's independent auditors, but also to UEFA and The Premier League. By extension, that also calls into question what information was disclosed by City's owners to Silverlake before the American private equity firm bought a significant stake in the club in 2019. That's why the Premier League's allegations go way beyond accusing City of failing to meet Profit and Sustainability Rules.
Throw in the mix the stake purchased by a Chinese consortium and that makes five separate entities that City would have had to bare face lie to the entire time... How likely you think it is that our world class investment magnates would go to such deceptive lengths is entirely up to you.
I know where my money would be, and it wouldn't be backing them to be frauds.

CAS have already ruled that any suggestion of a conspiracy involving executives of both City and Etihad, as well as high-ranking Abu Dhabi officials and even members of the country's Royal Family was beyond the realms of possibility.
This is really really not going well for the Premier League, and all the millions of rival fans who are not privy to this information (by choice) are going to be a sight to see. Stock up on popcorn blues, it's going to be BIBLICAL.

reddishblue

The PL acted in haste because they didn't like the idea of an independent regulator, i.e. the red tops panicked. They can now repent at leisure.

gavin

Forest are now appealing their punishment. That will probably be cleared up after the end of the season. Forget an exciting relegation battle because we will likely only know the outcome in the weeks after the last matches of the season.

reddishblue

Everton deducted another 2 points today.

gavin

I wonder when the appeal for that will finish. It will probably be the last act of the season not a final whistle.

gavin

Free the Manchester 50000 from this bollocks.

reddishblue

I've ordered the sky blue one with 115 on the back and will wear it with pride during the trophy parade of the league and cup  ;)

Stephen Paul

fucking love it
where can I order one

reddishblue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on April 27, 2024, 05:58:40fucking love it
where can I order one

The link is in my previous post

Stephen Paul