News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Last Maine Road Derby (18 Years ago)

Started by KunDB, November 10, 2020, 17:14:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

https://www.mancity.com/features/last-derby/     

For all the oldies like me, boy does that have the memory bank working overtime.

RIP Marc-Vivien Foé

gavin

What a great day it was when Neville fed the Goat. We were awful in the game before at Wigan and had injuries to key players at the back. I was  not optimistic. But players like Wiekens who came in were awesome and it was a top performance. What a finish by the Goat for his first after pressuring Neville into a mistake. The Elk also finished expertly. Then a beautiful first time pass from Berkovic into the path of Goat and ecstacy. Yes, still one of the best days ever after all this time.

Stephen Paul

UFF

found this video on youtube showing the history between the clubs, its not as one sided as they seem to believe.

gavin

Stephen Paul

Good times,shite times but we always were there in full voice and passion

Stephen Paul

I took my wife to her first game midweek against Crew Alexandra .  Shite game but the craic was good . She said to me at the start of the game , what the hell am I doing here ,
Walking down the road after the match she said when is the next game   :D

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on February 11, 2024, 18:14:26
Always worth another watch too

Even after all the years watching that again brings a massive smile to my face and brightens up my day no end.

Wonder what Sun Jihai is doing now, he was a really good player, attack as well as defence. I loved him playing for City.

I read that he founded Beijing Haiqiu Technology Company (HQ Sports) in February 2016, so I expect he is still leading that company. Wonder has he ever turned up at a City game(s).

gavin

He's been at the Etihad for matches quite a few times over the years since he was playing. He was a proper whole hearted player. There was never any doubt about his commitment and he didn't go over the top much unlike Tiatto.