News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kalvin Phillips

Started by zacc, December 28, 2023, 22:22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Thoughts why he never fitted in? Appears he 's going on loan in January with permanent move in the summer.

KunDB

He's blood and thunder player rather than pass and probe. Just did not fit The Pep way. Don't mean he's a poor player, just not the right fit and he couldn't change his game.

reddishblue

he is going the way of many young footballers before him and City have had a  few. His football is never going to get any better so he can fuck off.

gavin

He just seems to give the ball away too much and not be in the positions to regain it often enough therefore he cannot replace Rodri. We have better, more creative players further forward. He can spray a great pass from side to side and is energetic but when Pep says that he cannot see him in the starting XI then the writing is on the wall. I certainly wouldn't write off seeing him make a big impression elsewhere though.

KunDB

Hopefully if her god in January we can get a challenger for Rodri in. Don't have to be Rodri's class but good enough to provide him with a real challenge.

Neil Mcnab

Could not fathom the signing. I suppose you back yourself as a player, but always seemed to be destined at very best a back up to Rodri. I am sure he has done well financially and a few gongs. The problem about back ups is is any DM who is good enough happy to come in to be permanent second fiddle?

zacc

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 29, 2023, 22:05:56
Could not fathom the signing. I suppose you back yourself as a player, but always seemed to be destined at very best a back up to Rodri. I am sure he has done well financially and a few gongs. The problem about back ups is is any DM who is good enough happy to come in to be permanent second fiddle?

Quite tough to follow but have seen when no Rodri City struggle so need replacement sooner...

Stephen Paul

West Ham sniffing at Phillips which would be good for him

gavin

reddishblue

I like the Hammers, good club. Moyes is a cnut though imo.

Stephen Paul

Yes good luck to him

150k a week !!

Swiss

Pep said he has no confidence in him receiving the ball in tight positions.

On the few occasions I've had to watch him, he doesn't look to get into a position to receive the ball from defenders. Instead he stands directly behind the opposition players.
He's always seemed to me like a kid who has worked himself into a top end job, but has no idea how to turn the computer on...