News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Omar Berrada

Started by Vickki, January 21, 2024, 11:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Vickki

I think it is interesting that The Rags poached Berrada. Berrada has been involved in all City's sponsorship deals and just about everything in City's business over a long period of time including the alleged 115 sponsorship/conspiracy  charges. So why did they poached Berrada?
1. To emulate City's business model,?
2. Is it a Rat leaving a sinking ship?
3. Do they think City will be cleared of the alleged charges therefore Berrada is fair game for a career move?
Personally,  I would not employ anyone connected with any on-going charges until the outcome and then weigh the facts of the matter. City have done this by pulling out of buying that West Ham player.
Overall, I think this smacks of desperation by the Rags. Our success is slowly eating away at their ego and divine right to win everything.
CTID.
Victoria

gavin

I don't think the charges have anything to do with him. He is a football side executive not finance. I'm not too perturbed by his departure. He's gone from being third or fourth level at City to top man there. It's a different job at a tougher place to work. It is certainly going to be a challenge for him.

KunDB

All the very best to him, he has been a part of a hugely successful team at City. He will know what a successful club needs to do, but will he be allowed to progress down this path. I am not sure he will as Utd management and leadership appear to be in chaos.

Vickki

I think you both missed my point!

reddishblue

I'd never heard of him before today and I doubt many others had too. This will however no doubt inspire our impartial media and football pundits to post even more negative headlines even though they hadn't heard of him before either.

Vickki

Reddish, one of his many jobs is chief operating officer, so he knows everything going on at City Group, and involved in decision making.
Good luck to him as he was never going to be CEO at City Group. Certainly a talented man but replaceable so not such a loss to City.
However, a CEO is only as good as her/his team around him/her. He is a commercial guy, that is his specialty. The moron Rags think he is going to change everything including the team and way they play- again the idiot Rags are deluded and this only smacks of despiration. Who they going to poach next for the board room?.  The mind boggles..

gavin

Apparently he was involved in some negotiations regards contracts with sponsors at some stage and could possibly be implicated if some are shown to be fraudulently represented as sponsor funds when in fact they were coming from the owner.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-manchester-united-boost-28485683

Interesting

reddishblue

Quote from: Vickki on January 21, 2024, 20:55:43
Reddish, one of his many jobs is chief operating officer, so he knows everything going on at City Group, and involved in decision making.
Good luck to him as he was never going to be CEO at City Group. Certainly a talented man but replaceable so not such a loss to City.
However, a CEO is only as good as her/his team around him/her. He is a commercial guy, that is his specialty. The moron Rags think he is going to change everything including the team and way they play- again the idiot Rags are deluded and this only smacks of despiration. Who they going to poach next for the board room?.  The mind boggles..

So you know who he is/was. Congratulations or did you just google that shit?