News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Newcastle

Started by gavin, August 19, 2023, 19:05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Phillips, Ake, Gomez, Perrone, Bobb, Palmer, Lewis, McAtee

Bench is looking very youthful!

gavin

Wish I had a telephoto lens on this phone but trophies looking good from afar

KunDB

Very impressive but it's my eyesight probably, where is the Supercup?

KunDB

Very impressive young bench. Lovely to see so many from the academy on the field/bench.

gavin

No sign of the Super Cup. Decent enough half. Cracking finish from Alvarez. Really impressed with Phil in midfield. Ref is giving them fouls for everything but doesn't bother on Erling or Jack.

KunDB

Good first half and lovely lovely goal finished beautifully by Alvarez.

KunDB

Masterclass from Foden in midfield. What a C star he is. Big big three points that.

gavin

A good performance but let down by a poor game from Erling. He should have had a couple to make it relaxing. I'm sure he'll save us in a game or two down the line though. Newcastle barely created a thing so it would have been harsh if they got anything from the game. An excellent three points. A great week and hopefully Bernard will be back soon too.

KunDB

I'm buzzing today because our defence looks
even stronger than last year which is hard to do.

I feel we are going to be an ultra hard team to score against. Such strength in depth at the back. Kovacic and Rodri protecting the defence is just awesome.

gavin

We do look very good considering the short pre season, then a number of competitive matches on short order and a few injuries. We were still a level above Newcastle. But there is no doubt that we will miss Kev at times. We just need to stay in touch with the top and remain in the Champions League. Then Kev could add a real impetus in the last few months.

Stephen Paul

Alvarez and Foden were on their game