News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at Toffees

Started by KunDB, January 15, 2017, 12:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI | Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Zabaleta (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Kolarov, Delph, Sane, Navas, A Garcia, Iheanacho

C'mon City we need a performance today and three points.

KunDB

Kolarov dropped, Kompany not in squad, Stones & Otamendi at Centre of defence and Zabbaleta Captain and playing defensive midfield with Yaya. No Fernado.

Good to see Garcia on bench.

KunDB

Joel, Baines, Williams, Funes Mori, Holgate, Coleman, Barry (c), Davies, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku.

Looks like Everton playing 3 6 1 hit on the break defensive set up. Surpise, surprise.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, it looks like no surprises with the apparent Everton set up. Just about every opponent in this league is going to play us like this.

Interesting that we are going with the Zabaleta experiment again. Simply have to win this one - after yesterday's results.

gavin

Yes, another must win. Come on City. We should be good enough to win this even tho it is a tough one. We need to finish our chances.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 13:18:07
Yes, another must win. Come on City. We should be good enough to win this even tho it is a tough one. We need to finish our chances.

I wish you had not reminded me how awful our finishing has been, now I am worried.

goat

if sterling didnt hit the floor anytime anyone looked at him he would be less of a cnut

gavin

It was a penalty. Shit pass from Clichy cost us the goal.

Ludo

Another toothless effort. All the possession no real bite up front.

Should have been a penalty and Silva should learn to use his right foot occasionally.

lee

another mistake for the goal...need to outclass these dogs of war

gavin

Another poor first half. We didn't create enough and, of course, when we did create we weren't decisive whereas the opposition had fewer chances but were. It is all painfully familiar.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 14:22:22
Another poor first half. We didn't create enough and, of course, when we did create we weren't decisive whereas the opposition had fewer chances but were. It is all painfully familiar.

Painful yes because we were in control.

Though I feel we did create enough chances to be 3-0 before Clichy gave the ball away and Everton countered.

Sterling had 3 great opportunities. Silva had one. Sagna had a header cleared (Sort of) off the line and a couple of other good half chances that nearly came off.

But like you said, we're not clinical enough. No one is direct enough on the pitch.

Neil Mcnab

Guardiola magic at half time needed.

goat

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 14:08:12
It was a penalty. Shit pass from Clichy cost us the goal.

a gentle breeze knocked him over

Neil Mcnab

Looks like we are struggling for top four this season.

Ludo

It's looking increasingly like Pep is struggling to cope.

gavin

Might as well wrap up and go home now.

KunDB

I do not think we are too far off getting it right. But we need some finishers. The comprehensive nature of the defeat leaves no room for excuses we are just not that good presently.

Neil Mcnab

Feck. Bravo could have done better..

Ludo

Of the last 20 opposition shots on target Bravo has conceded 14 goals.