News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at Toffees

Started by KunDB, January 15, 2017, 12:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI | Bravo, Sagna, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Zabaleta (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Kolarov, Delph, Sane, Navas, A Garcia, Iheanacho

C'mon City we need a performance today and three points.

KunDB

Kolarov dropped, Kompany not in squad, Stones & Otamendi at Centre of defence and Zabbaleta Captain and playing defensive midfield with Yaya. No Fernado.

Good to see Garcia on bench.

KunDB

Joel, Baines, Williams, Funes Mori, Holgate, Coleman, Barry (c), Davies, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku.

Looks like Everton playing 3 6 1 hit on the break defensive set up. Surpise, surprise.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, it looks like no surprises with the apparent Everton set up. Just about every opponent in this league is going to play us like this.

Interesting that we are going with the Zabaleta experiment again. Simply have to win this one - after yesterday's results.

gavin

Yes, another must win. Come on City. We should be good enough to win this even tho it is a tough one. We need to finish our chances.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 13:18:07
Yes, another must win. Come on City. We should be good enough to win this even tho it is a tough one. We need to finish our chances.

I wish you had not reminded me how awful our finishing has been, now I am worried.

goat

if sterling didnt hit the floor anytime anyone looked at him he would be less of a cnut

gavin

It was a penalty. Shit pass from Clichy cost us the goal.

Ludo

Another toothless effort. All the possession no real bite up front.

Should have been a penalty and Silva should learn to use his right foot occasionally.

lee

another mistake for the goal...need to outclass these dogs of war

gavin

Another poor first half. We didn't create enough and, of course, when we did create we weren't decisive whereas the opposition had fewer chances but were. It is all painfully familiar.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 14:22:22
Another poor first half. We didn't create enough and, of course, when we did create we weren't decisive whereas the opposition had fewer chances but were. It is all painfully familiar.

Painful yes because we were in control.

Though I feel we did create enough chances to be 3-0 before Clichy gave the ball away and Everton countered.

Sterling had 3 great opportunities. Silva had one. Sagna had a header cleared (Sort of) off the line and a couple of other good half chances that nearly came off.

But like you said, we're not clinical enough. No one is direct enough on the pitch.

Neil Mcnab

Guardiola magic at half time needed.

goat

Quote from: gavin on January 15, 2017, 14:08:12
It was a penalty. Shit pass from Clichy cost us the goal.

a gentle breeze knocked him over

Neil Mcnab

Looks like we are struggling for top four this season.

Ludo

It's looking increasingly like Pep is struggling to cope.

gavin

Might as well wrap up and go home now.

KunDB

I do not think we are too far off getting it right. But we need some finishers. The comprehensive nature of the defeat leaves no room for excuses we are just not that good presently.

Neil Mcnab

Feck. Bravo could have done better..

Ludo

Of the last 20 opposition shots on target Bravo has conceded 14 goals.

KunDB

Poor in attack, midfield, defence, motivation and will to win. Nothing positive other than game ended. Serious questions for Pep. 

goat

ottamendi is a cnut an all

Ludo

Leewonpen

Getting exactly what we deserve. No fight in this team.

Neil Mcnab

Just enough time for Everton to score again. Nice confidence booster for them. Koeman will be telling them we can finish above City.

Really need an injection of new blood.

goat

KunDB

As for John Stones need I say more?

bry the guy

4 shots 4 goals,Bravo out so his back can recover from getting the ball out of the net.

Hesperus

Serious questions need to be asked. That's shocking defence.

I don't know what to think.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on January 15, 2017, 15:28:09
or heroin

Cocaine might get them moving a bit quicker...

not sure what to say. You can blame Pep all you want, but it's those playes on the pitch that gave that 2nd half performance.

Hesperus

We are so easy to score against it's really just a joke because we should not be.

Neil Mcnab

If they need anything, it has to be an amphetamine.

If Guardiola was not the manager, serious questions would be asked about his continuing. He could even walk. We need a player or two, now. I know they will have earmarked big signings for the summer, but what use are they if Pep has already departed?

bluebrendan

Shit at both ends, a nasty illness.

Worst I can recall from Aguero in a blue shirt. Bravo not getting a glove on any of the goals, Otamendi and Stones looking like a pub league pairing at CB and Clichy making Kolarov look world class. And how we miss Ferny in the middle.

bannblue

Abysmal. Guardiola didn't even look bothered. Bravo is garbage.

KunDB

Quote from: bannblue on January 15, 2017, 16:09:00
Abysmal. Guardiola didn't even look bothered. Bravo is garbage.

In fairness I think Pep has already concluded that many of these players are sub standard.

lee

give pep time ffs..he's only been in england 6 months

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: lee on January 15, 2017, 17:43:55
The same time as Conte.

I expect Pep to be here if we win nothing this season and finish outside the top four. I hope he brings great success, but we all know there are no guarantees.

bluebrendan

I've no issue with Pep wanting us to play in his preferred style but his approach needs to be more flexible right now as he hasn't got the players to execute that style, especially at the back.

lee

couple of transfer windows and lets see then..most of them today seemed like they were on the piss last night

Victoria

Oh dear, an inform Tottenham next up who are scoring for fun, does not get any easier for Pep.......lol,  Bravo has to go 😁

Hesperus

Two transfer windows means 2 summer windows Lee because we don't spend seriously in the winter window. After two summer windows, Pep will be in the final year of his contract! Not a great position to be in.

Pep needs to sort that defence out. He needs to coach the players we have to be able to defend a high line (I'd that's how he wants us to play), Otemendi and Stomes were awful at it today. If Pep can't coach them to defend a high line then frankly, he's not the coach I thought he was.

Shipping 3 vs Leicester and 4 vs the shit scousers is just not good enough for manager of Peps credentials.

I'm very disillusioned tonight. I'm not expecting miracles, but by know he should be making more progress.

Bravo is a joke and Peps dropped a massive bollock with him.

KunDB

I know this is anger and disappointment talking to a certain extent, but does anyone believe playing a few of our EDS players could have been any worse. Garcia was sitting on the bench probably thinking well I could not perform any worse than that bunch of losers.

Victoria

Personally, I'd get rid of Pep & the old school of Silver, Toure, Augero, Both Fernando, Fernindino, Kolorov, Otimendi and all Peps buys, and start again.

Moz1959

Quote from: Tori on January 15, 2017, 23:16:14
Personally, I'd get rid of Pep & the old school of Silver, Toure, Augero, Both Fernando, Fernindino, Kolorov, Otimendi and all Peps buys, and start again.

Stay off the Vodka love.

Paul lakes knee

Silver? Fuck me!

Ludo

I think Tori's being facetious.

But she has a point quite a lot of these players have underperformed and with the exception possibly of Aguero and Fernandinho the rest could easily be moved on. Silva has been particularly poor by his own standards this season and if Fernando and Otamendi fell of the face of the earth would anyone miss them?

nimrod

looks like they're going to offer pep an extension to his contract

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2017, 08:27:39
I think Tori's being facetious.

But she has a point quite a lot of these players have underperformed and with the exception possibly of Aguero and Fernandinho the rest could easily be moved on. Silva has been particularly poor by his own standards this season and if Fernando and Otamendi fell of the face of the earth would anyone miss them?

Ludo, I am being serious, if I managed my financial portfolio's like Pep is managing this side; I would be broke. If a portfolio is not performing you get rid and replace with one that does. City have a manager and players who are under performing. Remember, every can of beans has an expire date, no matter how it tastes, you have to perform in the present not the past to move forward, and at this moment in time City are in regression, so whole scale changes need to be made to move forward:it is common sense and good business practice to do so; I think it is sink or swim time for City.

Ludo

I meant about using 'Silver' instead of 'Silva'......

zacc

Quite and unlike Conte didn't inherit a good team, rather players toward the end of their career and set in a way of playing, 
We need to see how things shape up as the players, type of style of play is established, hopefully bring on some of the academy players young enough to learn his style.
Pep said at the outset he's got lots to learn about EPL,and he's learning on a steep curve!!!
You gotta love how the media are treating him to " death by a thousand cuts" the vitriol is heartening as means still see City as a threat really!! ;)   

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2017, 14:20:00
I meant about using 'Silver' instead of 'Silva'......

Oh, no! That was my cellphone changing Silva to Silver. I think I have fixed that problem😳

Swiss

Quote from: zacc on January 16, 2017, 15:18:27
Quite and unlike Conte didn't inherit a good team, rather players toward the end of their career and set in a way of playing, 
We need to see how things shape up as the players, type of style of play is established, hopefully bring on some of the academy players young enough to learn his style.
Pep said at the outset he's got lots to learn about EPL,and he's learning on a steep curve!!!
You gotta love how the media are treating him to " death by a thousand cuts" the vitriol is heartening as means still see City as a threat really!! ;)   

Well Chelsea weren't a shit team, they just massively underperformed last year.
But Chelsea have always been a team that were built around a solid defence and Conte and been able to build on that.

City have always tried to build from the front and that perhaps is both ours and Peps downfall.

We've concentrated on trying to sign the (percieived) superstars upfront and not really put the time in to the back 4. We put the money in for sure, but we've not made smart purchases since Zab & Kompany.

We def need to stop looking at the Portugeuese league for defenders and midfielders. Dinho has worked out ok, but feck me, Javi Garcia, Fernando, Mangala, Otamendi (yer, I'm losing my patience with him too, he's not learning and too jekyl & Hyde)... am I missing any???

A feck load of money wasted.

zacc

yer not wrong Swiss defense is more part of the British game whereas attack more the game from abroad.
Guess why City defense been allowed to become bobbins and needs to change