News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at Toffees

Started by KunDB, January 15, 2017, 12:33:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Two transfer windows means 2 summer windows Lee because we don't spend seriously in the winter window. After two summer windows, Pep will be in the final year of his contract! Not a great position to be in.

Pep needs to sort that defence out. He needs to coach the players we have to be able to defend a high line (I'd that's how he wants us to play), Otemendi and Stomes were awful at it today. If Pep can't coach them to defend a high line then frankly, he's not the coach I thought he was.

Shipping 3 vs Leicester and 4 vs the shit scousers is just not good enough for manager of Peps credentials.

I'm very disillusioned tonight. I'm not expecting miracles, but by know he should be making more progress.

Bravo is a joke and Peps dropped a massive bollock with him.

KunDB

I know this is anger and disappointment talking to a certain extent, but does anyone believe playing a few of our EDS players could have been any worse. Garcia was sitting on the bench probably thinking well I could not perform any worse than that bunch of losers.

Victoria

Personally, I'd get rid of Pep & the old school of Silver, Toure, Augero, Both Fernando, Fernindino, Kolorov, Otimendi and all Peps buys, and start again.

Moz1959

Quote from: Tori on January 15, 2017, 23:16:14
Personally, I'd get rid of Pep & the old school of Silver, Toure, Augero, Both Fernando, Fernindino, Kolorov, Otimendi and all Peps buys, and start again.

Stay off the Vodka love.

Paul lakes knee

Silver? Fuck me!

Ludo

I think Tori's being facetious.

But she has a point quite a lot of these players have underperformed and with the exception possibly of Aguero and Fernandinho the rest could easily be moved on. Silva has been particularly poor by his own standards this season and if Fernando and Otamendi fell of the face of the earth would anyone miss them?

nimrod

looks like they're going to offer pep an extension to his contract

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2017, 08:27:39
I think Tori's being facetious.

But she has a point quite a lot of these players have underperformed and with the exception possibly of Aguero and Fernandinho the rest could easily be moved on. Silva has been particularly poor by his own standards this season and if Fernando and Otamendi fell of the face of the earth would anyone miss them?

Ludo, I am being serious, if I managed my financial portfolio's like Pep is managing this side; I would be broke. If a portfolio is not performing you get rid and replace with one that does. City have a manager and players who are under performing. Remember, every can of beans has an expire date, no matter how it tastes, you have to perform in the present not the past to move forward, and at this moment in time City are in regression, so whole scale changes need to be made to move forward:it is common sense and good business practice to do so; I think it is sink or swim time for City.

Ludo

I meant about using 'Silver' instead of 'Silva'......

zacc

Quote from: lee on January 15, 2017, 17:43:55
give pep time ffs..he's only been in england 6 months

Quite and unlike Conte didn't inherit a good team, rather players toward the end of their career and set in a way of playing, 
We need to see how things shape up as the players, type of style of play is established, hopefully bring on some of the academy players young enough to learn his style.
Pep said at the outset he's got lots to learn about EPL,and he's learning on a steep curve!!!
You gotta love how the media are treating him to " death by a thousand cuts" the vitriol is heartening as means still see City as a threat really!! ;)   

Victoria

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2017, 14:20:00
I meant about using 'Silver' instead of 'Silva'......

Oh, no! That was my cellphone changing Silva to Silver. I think I have fixed that problem😳

Swiss

Quote from: zacc on January 16, 2017, 15:18:27
Quite and unlike Conte didn't inherit a good team, rather players toward the end of their career and set in a way of playing, 
We need to see how things shape up as the players, type of style of play is established, hopefully bring on some of the academy players young enough to learn his style.
Pep said at the outset he's got lots to learn about EPL,and he's learning on a steep curve!!!
You gotta love how the media are treating him to " death by a thousand cuts" the vitriol is heartening as means still see City as a threat really!! ;)   

Well Chelsea weren't a shit team, they just massively underperformed last year.
But Chelsea have always been a team that were built around a solid defence and Conte and been able to build on that.

City have always tried to build from the front and that perhaps is both ours and Peps downfall.

We've concentrated on trying to sign the (percieived) superstars upfront and not really put the time in to the back 4. We put the money in for sure, but we've not made smart purchases since Zab & Kompany.

We def need to stop looking at the Portugeuese league for defenders and midfielders. Dinho has worked out ok, but feck me, Javi Garcia, Fernando, Mangala, Otamendi (yer, I'm losing my patience with him too, he's not learning and too jekyl & Hyde)... am I missing any???

A feck load of money wasted.

zacc

yer not wrong Swiss defense is more part of the British game whereas attack more the game from abroad.
Guess why City defense been allowed to become bobbins and needs to change