News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Away v Leicester

Started by gavin, December 29, 2015, 19:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Silva, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Horsfield, Zabaleta, Navas, Bony, Iheanacho

Wilf out Sergio in. Have to say I've not spent the day looking forward to this which is the first time I haven't looked forward to a match for a while. Our recent away performances are beginning to sink in.

ebm1991

Great líne up!
Come on City!!!!

Ludo

We're going to have to score plenty.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

As long as we score more than them!

Lekos

Mangala is looking alright tonight (so far). Kolarov looking a bit gash.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Looking good going forward but on the break we look wide open and one slip from mang or oto and there through on goal

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on December 29, 2015, 20:11:33
Mangala is looking alright tonight (so far). Kolarov looking a bit gash.

Fern looked a bit gash there as well

nimrod

Quote from: BBM on December 29, 2015, 20:21:29
Looking good going forward but on the break we look wide open and one slip from mang or oto and there through on goal

mang and oto...... sounds like a le carre spy novel

gavin

Not far off how it went at Arsenal really. We looked the better team for most of the first half and then looked as if we could fall apart at any moment. Fortunately, Leicester failed to take advantage. Hopefully, we will have more cutting edge second half.

Swiss

Always a 2nd half team...

KunDB

Aguero just lacking his superb match sharpness.

nimrod

doesnt seem long ago Hart & schmikes were fighting for no 1 spot under sven

nimrod

this is shite

they are a long ball team and were playing like more shite

Lekos

Kolarov's crosses tonight have been embarrassing

Lekos

As have Bony's flick ons to no one

nimrod

Nacho to get 90 seconds to change the game.

KunDB

Second half we were poor. Second best to most loose balls, failing to retain possession and failing to clear our lines when needed, and lacking clear chances.

Subs were poor, very poor. Not at all a convincing display.

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on December 29, 2015, 21:29:33
Nacho to get 90 seconds to change the game.

Bony is useless and Kelechi should be used more.

gavin

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on December 29, 2015, 21:34:51
Second half we were poor. Second best to most loose balls, failing to retain possession and failing to clear our lines when needed, and lacking clear chances.

Subs were poor, very poor. Not at all a convincing display.

I'll flip that around a little, first clean sheet in x amount of games against the joint top scorers in the league.

We did create a few chances, despite Howard Webb saying no pen, I'm convinced it was.

We should have had a few more free kicks go our way too.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on December 29, 2015, 21:35:49
Bony is useless and Kelechi should be used more.

If Pellegrini sees more in bony than Kelechi then I can only assume bony is shagging him

goat

otamendi can fuck off,the cunty tart

KunDB

The clean sheet was massively fortunate and arguably undeserved. It was a pen but also a theatrical dive.

KunDB

One issue that bugs me is our failure to get players in the box and attack good crosses, killer balls in front of the opposing goalie.

nimrod

3 positives

Mangala played well, so did Sterling and clean sheet

the rest was fucking dire, bony is useless

ota walked into Huths hand and acted like Mike Tyson had hit him

fuck of Manuel, were shite

KunDB

What is going through Pelles head when he decides to sub Merlin, Aguero, Sterling??????????????????

It is just ridiculous and they must get well pissed off.

goat

other than none of them doing a lot tonight?.....two are coming back from injury and one of them has a habit of breaking easily

Rowley Birkin QC

We showed Leicester a lot of respect and seemed reluctant to lift the tempo and really go after them. Maybe we were just too worried about them hitting us on the break ( ...probably with good reason!)  A very cagey game I thought - from both managers.

For my money we were the better team, but Leicester worked hard and did enough to deserve their point. We were very cautious and simply didn't create enough good chances.

It always looked like one of those games where just one goal would be enough to win it for either side - and the goal would come from someone's bad error. Didn't happen though.

KunDB

Quote from: goat on December 29, 2015, 22:05:23
other than none of them doing a lot tonight?.....two are coming back from injury and one of them has a habit of breaking easily

Neither Sterling or Silva need nursed back to match fitness.

Aguero needs match time not bench time, and why replace him with a statue?

Pelle replaces all 3 even when fit and firing on all cylinders.

Rest them for a game or two, if needed, but give them respect and 90 minutes.

Lekos

Aguero is just coming back from injury. Doesn't take a genius...

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on December 29, 2015, 22:03:14
What is going through Pelles head when he decides to sub Merlin, Aguero, Sterling??????????????????

It is just ridiculous and they must get well pissed off.

I agreed with him taking them off, Silva wasnt having much effect

Just why bring Bony on and not nacho ?

come back edin  :(

Ludo

Given the amount of space Kolarov had in the game it's a pity he thought the opposite corner flag was playing for us.

Bony couldn't trap a bag of cement.

lee

bony is not just shit
he's.........

lee

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on December 29, 2015, 22:41:38
I agreed with him taking them off, Silva wasnt having much effect

Just why bring Bony on and not nacho ?

come back edin  :(

Really, you think Silva, Sterling and Aguero were our worst performers tonight and needed subbed.

Aguero is not fit enough to see out 90 minutes!

Bony and Navas were sound tactical changes and better than leaving Silva and Aguero on the pitch.

Kelechi need a three minute run out to make an impact and to rest Sterling, really!

Lekos

The King of capitals and shit sarcasm is back.

Ludo

Quote from: lee on December 29, 2015, 23:17:47
bony is not just shit
he's.........

Quote from: lee on December 29, 2015, 23:22:16
.......dogshit

He's that white dog shit you don't even see anymore.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on December 29, 2015, 23:23:17
Really, you think Silva, Sterling and Aguero were our worst performers tonight and needed subbed.

Aguero is not fit enough to see out 90 minutes!

Bony and Navas were sound tactical changes and better than leaving Silva and Aguero on the pitch.

Kelechi need a three minute run out to make an impact and to rest Sterling, really!

Fucking Hell

nimrod

'This league is very, very crazy,' Ranieri said. 'Nobody wants to win the league, it's very strange this league.'

lee

Quote from: Ludo on December 29, 2015, 23:54:05
He's that white dog shit you don't even see anymore.

one of the worst kinds of dogshit

bluebrendan

Whatever else Bony is, he isn't anyone's idea of an impact sub - Pellegrini apart, that is. We were crying out for some energy, mobility and awareness in the box, none of these qualities are noticeable in Bony at present. For me and those City fans around me Kelechi was the obvious sub to replace Aguero, Pellegrini's substitutions are so predictable and bear little relation to events on the pitch.

2pts dropped again away from home.  >:(