News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The scum off to a flying start!

Started by Chippy_Tea, August 08, 2015, 15:00:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Chippy_Tea

I caught the last 15 minutes and it sounded like Spurs were unlucky not to get the equaliser, the commentator said it should have been  a draw.

QuoteManchester United held on to start their season with an undramatic win against Tottenham thanks to Kyle Walker's early own goal.
After Christian Eriksen lobbed over when clean through, United went ahead as Walker poked into his own net when attempting to tackle Wayne Rooney.
That led to a better spell for United, who did not have a shot on target until Ashley Young's 65th-minute effort.
Sergio Romero saved Eriksen's late shot as one of five United debutants

Victoria

clevblue

Spurs were shit

in fact Spurs ARE shit

Chippy_Tea

Quote from: Tori on August 08, 2015, 15:49:46
Flying start my arse!

Lets hope they keep it up.  ;D

gavin

Wasn't a great game or performance from the scum, even Michael Owen described them as 'workmanlike'. Spurs looked like they could score when they bothered to put the rags under pressure at the start and the very end of the game. I saw little to be greatly concerned about at this stage either from the rags or Spuds. Both still looked like a level below where City should be - certainly in terms of attacking capability.

Rowley Birkin QC

After the own goal, it took the rags until the 62 minute to get their first shot on target!

Neither team looked to have much bite up-front, but I suppose it's early days yet. For the rags to do anything this season Rooney is going to have to play a blinder I reckon.

zacc

Spurs didn't put much of a  fight up after the own goal not sure if lacking match fitness but all it did was contrive to make their opponents look good.
Very lack lustre game imo 

bluebrendan

Spurs had no energy at all about their game after the first 10 minutes when Eriksen should have scored. The rags needed an og because they never really looked like scoring either, a real snoozefest of a match. I don't think either team will be chasing the title this season.