News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Remaining games

Started by bluepill, April 13, 2015, 23:49:25

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepill

We have four home games and two away - the two away look tricksy, Spurs and Swansea,

The home games should be winable even in our current fragile state and with a 4 point gap plus superior goal difference I think we'll get across the line in 4th place and get CL next year.

However several points

• I still think heads need to roll - the squad needs breaking up, it's run its course.
  • We have no youth policy - what exactly are we building here?
  • We stood still in both the summers after winning and the PL passed us by.
  • We spend a fortune on mediocre squad players

Ludo

5 of Liverpool's remaining 6 games are very winnable with only their away game at Chelsea looking in any way difficult and even that could be a dead rubber as far as Chelsea are concerned.

So City are going to require a minimum of 4 wins and no defeats in our last 6.

bluepill

If someone came in and said look, this season we are going to blood youth and shoot for champions league with about 4/5 under 23 players in every game alongside some world class lads it would be interesting. As it is we paid a load of money for the squad and just got the same end result anyway

Liverpool should finish strong but I think we can do it, I wonder what the confidence and belief of these elite stars is like..

Leewonpen

I'm sure the result against
   Burnley at home (2-2)
Everton   away (1-1)
Arsenal   home (0-2)
Middlesbrough home (0-2)
Hull home (1-1)
Burnley away (0-1)
crystal Palace away (1-2)
utd will prove a turning point and we will go on a run of wins for the remainder of the season.....

lee

im not sure i have the stomach to watch the rest of the matches after that shit display against the rags..left a bitter taste in my mouth

gavin

Man City V West Ham
   Sun 19 Apr    13:30    

Man City V Aston Villa
   Sat 25 Apr    17:30    

Tottenham V Man City
   Sun 3 May    16:00    

Man City V QPR
   Sun 10 May    13:30    

Swansea V Man City
   Sun 17 May    13:30    

Man City V Southampton
   Sun 24 May    15:00    

I can't see why we cant win all of them. Absolute minimum 13 points.

goat

Quote from: gavin on April 14, 2015, 21:45:44

I can't see why we cant win all of them. Absolute minimum 13 points.

the last few months is a big clue why we cant

KunDB

We can and we will but that will not be enough to save Pelle, Txixi and a half a dozen or more players. Ancellotti or some other proven successful manager is what we need for next season.

Tricky Trev

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will clinch the 4th spot, for no other reason than to have their revenge for last season. It's definitely in the cards and the humiliation would be complete.

clevblue

Surely if there was to be a sudden turn around last sunday would've been it? Or does it need a humiliation like last sunday to wake the fookers up?

One thing for certain, we will be playing those games and it will pan out, but we can only speculate how it will end.

I'm optimistic, it's in my nature, I always believe we can win - but believing gets bloody hard lately

gavin

Humiliation at Burnley, at home to Burnley, away to Palace did them little good.