News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Match Thread - WBA V City in Prem

Started by gavin, August 10, 2015, 19:20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

West Brom:  Myhill, Chester, Dawson, Lescott, Brunt, Morrison, Gardner, Fletcher, McClean, Lambert, Berahino. Subs: Olsson, Yacob, Ideye, Anichebe, McManaman, Sessegnon, Rose. 

Man City:  Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Silva, Sterling, Bony. Subs: Zabaleta, Nasri, Aguero, Caballero, Demichelis, Denayer, Iheanacho.

Paul lakes knee

Lekos

Someone needs to teach Mangala the art of passing

Lekos

Maybe not even the art, just pass to the blokes wearing the same colour shirt.

Lekos

What a belter of a second that was!

gavin

Good half from City. Dangerous up front and not too bothered at the back. Long may it continue! Just a shame Sterling couldn;t find the finish to make it three.

Swiss

Yep, couldn't quit get it out of his feet, had loads to aim for n'all!

Going well, I'd hate to be a baggie with that style of footie!

clevblue

Pulis is scared of us now, no surprise really. What can he do against Yaya on top of his game - for now anyway ;)

Neil Mcnab

Yaya scored a great goal. At 35 minutes, he looked like his race was run. Pass and dont move. Silva as ever, is a class apart. The baggies surely get words of wisdom from Pulis at half time.

guidebridgeblue

One more and we'll top the division.  :)

gavin

Albion made it a little tougher at the start of the second but still it was a decent half with few worries. Great to score from a corner. Being me, I have to pick out a gripe, and that is that we went through a stage of giving away far too many free kicks in our own half that might well have been taken advantage of by a better side. Anyway, it's a good start, and on to Sunday when it could become a great start. Balls to tables at this stage, dunno why they show them at all, but we looked the best side of the opening weekend to me even taking into account the opposition.

clevblue

We had a bit of work to do in the second half, but Vinnie's header made up for all that, he'll get a lot of confidence from it and it's come at just the right time

Tricky Trev

Good start. Sterling showing his lackluster finishing skills yet again, Bony the same, Silva doing Silva things, aguero not looking sharp at all, toure doing what we might fear he couldn't do anymore. Mangala is not a footballer and our captain finally taking charge and looking to prove he's still one of the best defenders in the world. Lastly a shoutout to Navas and his hilarious cross towards the end. No real surprises really.

Paul lakes knee

Mangala much better than last season

goat

couldnt be much worse really and west brom didnt do a lot

see where he is sunday night

Swiss

Good bit of pressure from WBA in the second half will do us good against Chelsea. I was a bit worried that it seemed too much of a preseason game.

I thought Sterling played well, should have had a goal though.

Thought Silva was our MOTM

Navas showed why we need DE Bruyne

Nasri had some nice moments too

Bit disappointed Ian Nacho didn't get a run out

Rowley Birkin QC

Good win - and two cracking goals (+ one streaky one). I'm glad WBA made more of a contest of it in the second half - hopefully that sharpened us up a little. I wouldn't have wanted to go into the Chelsea match with only a soft kick around like the first half under our belts. Like Gavin, at times in the second half, I thought we took things too casually, lost possession, or were too content to give away silly free kicks. But that aside - an impressive season opener.

Sterling's movement was good - unlucky not to get a goal. Silva is a God. Everyone else looked very solid - even Mangala looked OK in patches! If Tricky Trev thinks Aguero doesn't look sharp he needs his eyes testing  :D

Best bit = Kompany's goal celebration!

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh - and a nod to the City fans away contingent. LOTS of noise. Well done girls and boys!

bluepill

shame crooks didnt wait for all the games till he did team of the week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33843317

Stephen Paul

zacc

see Pulis tactic of hack their best player i.e. David Silva is alive and well! >:(
Well done City :D

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 11, 2015, 00:32:13
Oh - and a nod to the City fans away contingent. LOTS of noise. Well done girls and boys!
You're welcome!  :D

Decent start, good to see us out of the blocks quickly and if Silva and Toure maintain this form not too many teams will live with us. Thought Sterling did quite well on his competitive debut, he and Kolarov linked up well on the left, yes his finishing needs some work but if he keeps getting in those positions he'll score quite a few.

Stephen Paul

outstanding display by Silva , what a catch he was

Victoria

I saw this game and thought City did not really have to do much as WBA seemed uninterested from the get-go; although I welcome the 3 points. however, Sunday is going to be different, as quotes say in the british press City have some thing to prove; then prove it on Sunday!

Chippy_Tea

Everyone has already said what i was thinking so a question if may,  when did you last enjoy a game as much as that?

goat

Quote from: bluebrendan on August 11, 2015, 09:38:52
Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 11, 2015, 00:32:13
You're welcome!  :D

Decent start, good to see us out of the blocks quickly and if Silva and Toure maintain this form not too many teams will live with us. Thought Sterling did quite well on his competitive debut, he and Kolarov linked up well on the left, yes his finishing needs some work but if he keeps getting in those positions he'll score quite a few.

lot of sterlings little flicks didnt come off, ill put it down to first game. he played a lot narrower than i expected an all

Swiss

Passing was a little off and that finish was a bit shit...
Other than that he looked busy and provided a threat which went a long way in keeping Silva free in the middle.

Swiss

A few stats for you

Most completed passes; players
Players
Surman   99   (Bournemouth)
Fernandinho   97   
Silva   95   
Toure Y 86   
Kolarov   85   

Most completed passes; clubs
Man City   764
Everton   558
Arsenal   556
AFC Bournemouth   548
Spurs   48

Lekos

Swiss

Whoops, must have deleted a number on the end there! Those were the top 5 clubs!

goat

fuckin hell and you are incharge of stats

Rowley Birkin QC

I knew it was a typo, but the thought of Silva completing twice as many passes as the entire Spurs team put together did make me laugh.

In fact - this forum has been very entertaining this morning. Quite cheered me up.

goat

mrs ken ironed your socks wrong again?

Swiss

nimrod

Quote from: goat on August 11, 2015, 23:56:55
mrs ken ironed your socks wrong again?

If City had lost 3-0 we'd all be complete grumpy suicidal fekkers

Swiss

Whatever happened to grim and wigley anyway?

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on August 12, 2015, 23:11:25
Whatever happened to grim and wigley anyway?

along with Lenny they joined the church of the shiny waters, donated houses/cars/cd collections/wifes...the lot

you can see them on Piccadilly with collection plates sometimes

I hear goat may be a shareholder