News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

P&S (FFP) breaches for Forest and Everton

Started by gavin, January 15, 2024, 17:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67978537

So Everton could get a further deduction and Forest could also get a deduction. How is anybody supposed to understand the relegation run in from here? The Premier League are making a mockery of their own sport.

reddishblue

The PL cartel are trying desperately to justify their own corruption. As Khaldoon said "people in glass homes shouldn't throw rocks"

https://twitter.com/Chatting_City/status/1746634138952581308

Vickki

Stephen Paul

gavin

So a date has been set for the City hearing but it is still a big secret when it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67993371

The Premier League are a joke run by big kids and the behest of the red mafia.

Football used to be a sport not just a set of financial rules.

Stephen Paul

its like a game for the PL and quite embarrassing tbh

reddishblue

Stefan Borson tore apart that monumental arsehole Simon Jordan on Talkshite today.

reddishblue

Worth a listen, some very salient points made by him.

Stephen Paul

If the PL make one mistake when presenting these charges they will be fucked

gavin

I just find the whole thing farcical. You have the Premier League Chief Executive telling a parliamentary committee that the rules were brought in to stop clubs going bust like Portsmouth. Then in the next breath he is talking about charges being brought against City - a club who were in absolutely zero danger of going bust during the whole period that they are being charged for. A club that is now the best run club in the world and one of the most profitable and valuable after a period of wise investment. Just how does he work out that the rules are fit for purpose? The example of City is the most perfect example of why the rules are pure bollocks.

reddishblue

I predict all but one alleged breach will be dropped by next Thursday and the one left the Thursday after. After that Masters and his cartel will head for the hills.

gavin

Stephen Paul

media hype isn't helping.

Its discussed every bloody morning

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: reddishblue on January 18, 2024, 20:00:32
Stefan Borson tore apart that monumental arsehole Simon Jordan on Talkshite today.

Just seeing this now.  I'm nearly sure I met him in the Railway Inn in Altrincham last August!  He knew the friend I was staying with and there was a free bar as one of Ged Masons horses had won!
Simon Jordon is smug cnut!  He's like a watered down Piers Morgan. 

reddishblue

A financial advisor at a free bar? He obviously knows his stuff.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: reddishblue on February 01, 2024, 22:35:36
A financial advisor at a free bar? He obviously knows his stuff.

True!  Apparently anytime Ged has a winner he leaves money behind the bar! Right place right time!  He's a solicitor. 

reddishblue

reddishblue

Looks like the rags are a bit pissed off with FFP  :D

Erik Ten Hag: "It's not a secret I wanted a striker. With the injury to Martial, we don't really have the back-up".

"But it wasn't possible because we have to match the FFP rules and we had no space".

gavin

They should just bin this shit. Football should be a sport not a financial game. There was none of this nonsense in the eighties, nineties and noughties when City were shit.

gavin

More changing of the rules to stop people sponsoring their own clubs even if it is at fair market value for a sponsorship. There are already rules that state that a sponsorship has to be fair market value. It looks like someone, somewhere has finally decided to legally challenge this bollocks. Football is facing death by a thousand stupid rules - both on and off the pitch with VAR, blue cards, PSR (FFP) and now this. The wankers are supposed to be running a sport, instead they are making it a financial and political game whilst ruining a once fast paced game with few interruptions.

reddishblue

As I see it the cartel(s) are moving in a frantic frenzy way to try and keep moving the goal posts. The more this goes on the more confident I am the 115 charges will be dismissed.

They are trying desperately to close the financial horse door after it has bolted.

reddishblue

As my gran used to say "Run around in ever diminishing circles and you will disappear up your own arse" She could tell the PL a thing or two.

KunDB

Quote from: reddishblue on February 09, 2024, 20:42:44
Someone please read this and explain to me what the fuck is going on?

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-faces-fresh-legal-battle-over-rule-changes-13067278

Put simply, your competitors review your commercial contracts deem them excessive and stop you spending money. Just as they did under FFP stating it deals were inflated, afterwards the Cover of Arbitration noted they weren't.

I remember particularly the outrage at our shirt deal then a month later Utds deal dwarfed it. Hypocrisy and competing clubs overseeing City's dealings.

reddishblue

Watched the end of the Everton/Palace game on the telly tonight. Anyway, I'll skip to the main point.

Spitty McSpittyface was interviewing some Yank or other who apparently coached Leeds. They came to the conclusion the Everton points deduction will be reduced.

Can someone tell me what the WTF is going on?

gavin

reddishblue

Everton have just had their points deduction reduced to 6 points. "The appeal board concluded that the independent commission's initial ruling in November 2023 "made legal errors" on two grounds."

Legal errors eh? Not looking good for Masters and his cronies.

gavin

Now we await further points reductions for their breaches the following year! And Forest too for that year.

reddishblue

I can hear chants of 'You don't know what you're doing' going through my head'.

Should I seek therapy?

Stephen Paul

There is definitely a load of uncertainty with who is making these rules up