News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Chelsea

Started by gavin, February 17, 2024, 16:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

City XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Akanji, Dias, Ake, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Foden, Alvarez, Doku, Haaland.

Substitutes: Ortega Moreno, Stones, Kovacic, Bernardo, Gomez, Nunes, Bobb, Susoho, Lewis.

gavin

Poor half. Pep has his work cut out at half time. Only Ake comes out with some credit. A goal goes in when Walker is defending a one on one again.

KunDB

Walker point a good one Gavin. But their game plan break quickly pass the ball down the wings and fire a cross ball into the middle has worked repeatedly and we have not learnt.

KunDB

Haaland's missed chances cost us the win, but he is entitled to an average day. Walker penalty clear cut in my opinion.

Chelsea's parked the bus Second half.

And for the record the handball was also a penalty.

gavin

The handball at the end looked blatant to me from the East Stand. Also mystified at only 4 minutes injury time given.

Average is very generous to Haaland. Yep, we all have bad days though and most of the team had one today. Doku produced very little from a lot of ball. Kev's final ball was very disappointing. Alvarez anonymous.

Hesperus

Well below par performance. Walker at fault for their goal. He got caught in two minds. Which is hard for him given he only has half a mind to begin with.

Alveraz has been poor for a while now and should not be starting games.

Haarland off form but he wasn't the only one. As Gavin said. Doku produced nothing despite a lot of the ball. Kev and Foden also not really at the races.

Come on Pep, back to 4-5-1 and we'll tear teams apart again. He's gone from having an obsession with midfielders to being obsessed with playing 2 up front.

Kilkenny Blue

I have a sore throat due to shouting at Doku!!  In fairness, we could have won that easy enough

gavin

I came back and watched the penalty incident at the end on Telly. I just cannot see how that is not given as a penalty. I can ref the game better from the East stand than the ref can from the pitch and the VAR can from 10 different angles on the Telly. Useless bastards.

Stephen Paul

def penalty but onwards and upwards