News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

V Brentford

Started by gavin, February 20, 2024, 18:32:19

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C) Stones, Dias, Akanji, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Foden, Alvarez, Bobb, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Ake, Kovacic, Doku, De Bruyne, Gomez, Nunes, Lewis

Good to see Oscar get another go

KunDB

Always thought that guy DeBruyne would never make it, no wonder he has been benched, £50m for him the world has indeed gone mad. LOL

C'mon City, C'mon Oscar

Stephen Paul

gavin

Poor first half again. At least we have kev to come from the bench.

reddishblue

gavin

That was painful. It took ages to score and then we missed two good chances to finish it off. It was a good finish from Erling but he should have scored the latter chance too. I thought Phil had to score his chance. It's not a match that will live long in the memory. We seem to have lost form. Why didn't Kev get on?

KunDB

We wasted good chances and Phil's was the worst offence of them all. Too often we delay the shot and give the defenders/goalkeeper a second or two to regroup/challenge.

A hard fought win but very welcome, we have to improve significantly.

reddishblue

Quote from: gavin on February 20, 2024, 21:52:53
That was painful. It took ages to score and then we missed two good chances to finish it off. It was a good finish from Erling but he should have scored the latter chance too. I thought Phil had to score his chance. It's not a match that will live long in the memory. We seem to have lost form. Why didn't Kev get on?

From Sam Lee "Guardiola says De Bruyne didn't play because 'he has niggles in his hamstring area and I didn't want to take any risk with him''

gavin

That's what I feared. I wonder if it is the other leg?

Stephen Paul

If we lose KDB for the title run in we are in trouble

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on February 21, 2024, 03:17:09
If we lose KDB for the title run in we are in trouble
We did OK without him and Haaland

gavin

We did okay and kept in contention but there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that our chances of winning the league (and especially of winning it comfortably) go up markedly with Kev in the team. Having said that, I don't think that we could win the league without Rodri. I don't think that Erling on current form makes much difference to our chances as he definitely has a detriment to all our round game whilst also providing a lot to focus on for the opposition defence. If Erling hits form, and I think that he will, then he could win us the lot.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on February 21, 2024, 11:37:12
We did OK without him and Haaland
very true KB but the man is a game changer when we need it , I just see this as the toughest test yet, winning this PL and we need the best available to win it