News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

city badge

Started by lee, October 16, 2015, 09:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

up on the city website there is a piece on the city badge

i for one would love a return back to our old badge..i have never bonded with the current one

my new tatty :)

Hesperus

It's a great idea by the club, I think most fans don't really connect with parts of the current crest. Eagles and stars?? I grew up with the one Lee has tattooed, but personally I'd like something new. I like the current shield with the three rivers (or what ever it's supposed to signify) but on a round badge maybe?  Or I really liked the Manchester coat of arms but that wil probably be a bit too old fashioned for most. Good move by the club though.

Rowley Birkin QC

bluebrendan

I think they're looking at a new design now because the Registered Trade Mark has to be re-registered every 10 years and will be due for renewal in 2017 as the current badge was introduced in 1997.

Hopefully we'll go back to a roundel with a variation on the old-style badges like the one in Lee's tattoo.

Swiss

I quite like the Eagle, but it doesn't really have anything to do with City... Only that the Romans founded Manchester (Named after boobs btw!) and the Eagle was prominent in their miltary insignia.

Would be nice to include something from St Marks: His sigil was a winged Lion... but Lions are sooo cliché in football. Don't remember any winged Lions though.
And with Muslim owners would a Christian St. be popular...  A Lion also features on the Man Coat of Arms.
There's also an Antelope on there too.

The nickname: Cityzens... communist overtones: Hammer Sycle and Stars...
Or could go a bit Ying-Yang on the roundel design to fit in with the Zen part...

Sticking with the roundel design, maybe a moon incorporated...

I quite like the Tudor rose

The 3 rivers... looks a bit Addidas to me, but at the same time quite sharp.

The Ship for the old industry.

But then there is the Bee's on the Manc coat of arms for industry.

The Cotton industry...

Is the traditional badge a bit outdated, the following clubs have dared to be different:

Spurs
Everton
Wolves
Bolton
Birmingham
Notts Forrest

What's the feeling on a non-crest badge?
Something Modern and simple?

lee

id be happy with the new badge without the fookin bird and stars..looks gash

gavin

Just give us back the round one from the 60's, 70's and 80's and be done with it. Oh and the Manchester Coat of Arms in Cup finals ta.

Rowley Birkin QC

Both New York City and Melbourne City have roundel badges - so what ever retro or new design they look at, I reckon something round is on the cards.

zacc

like the ship , would have ref to the 3 rivers & worker bee.

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - I like that one Lee  8)

Swiss

Would they go for the St Marks cross's?

Just noticed on new Yorks badge it's got a pentagon probably to symbolise the 5 corners and Melbourne's got a heart! Clever.

Aside from the cross, what else could we have... The Roses?

Rowley Birkin QC

In the glass door / window version in Lee's pic - there are small St Mark's crosses at 3 and 9 o'clock.

Where is that photo taken Lee?

lee

im not sure ken..found it on the men website..i cant work it out if its actually real or been photo shopped to make it look like its on the glass?
i quite like it as well

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: lee on October 17, 2015, 01:10:13

Apparently that was on a window of the club shop.

If anyone wants to add some official input to the club you can do so by going to this forum....

https://city-voice.vcfeedback.com/forums/Forums/Details/eca773a3-bdbf-4e08-a664-e9e48fe7e164

gavin

It isn't bad to be fair but I'd still rather the round badge King Colin, Tony Book etc wore. That, to me, is our badge and will be forever.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on October 17, 2015, 22:06:06
It isn't bad to be fair but I'd still rather the round badge King Colin, Tony Book etc wore. That, to me, is our badge and will be forever.

Yeah I like the same one Gav I also like a touch of maroon as well............but tbh Im happy to leave it up to the bloke who pays for everything, the lion one is ok for me if they choose that

Not keen of the colours of the one on the window above, blue isnt right ...too dark (like the colour of those horrible shirts in the 90's)

bry the guy

I like the one with the red rose but i think there is a copy right issue with that one.Manc coat of arms should be no prob and i like that too.

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on October 18, 2015, 03:46:56
Yeah I like the same one Gav I also like a touch of maroon as well............but tbh Im happy to leave it up to the bloke who pays for everything, the lion one is ok for me if they choose that

Not keen of the colours of the one on the window above, blue isnt right ...too dark (like the colour of those horrible shirts in the 90's)

You mean, Lazar Blue!!!