News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

sevilla vs city

Started by ebm1991, November 03, 2015, 19:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenny Blue

Best performance in CL by far.  Actually look like a contender this time.  Pure class, kept the ball, great passing and movement.  Yaya was back to his very best and Sterling looked a different class.   

bry the guy

So many man of the match contenders and the REF is well up on that list he was great.

ebm1991

Even Navas and Bony looked good!

KunDB

Absolute perfection, right tactics, right attitude, right result.

Over the (blue) moon with that tonight.

Well done to the squad and management.

Ludo

My words are well and truly eaten.

Swiss

bry the guy

The thing is why cant we play with that tempo every game????????????????????

gavin

It helps when the opposition have to win the game. We were too fast and too good for them when they had to play us.

bry the guy

Almost every team we play need to win or get a result.We won this game in the 1st 15 mins so why dont we take a gamble and kill every game off in the 1st 10-15 mins just blow them away.

andy1966

According to BT sports , City are the only British team to ever win at Sevilla, even England have never won there ?
City never cease to amaze me, First team through to the last 16 and they did it without several top names
I agree the ref was great , never flinched ,at some real tackles and totally ignored the divers ,I'd love to see more like him
Sterling and Boney starting to show promise
But this is city and I just hope in the next few weeks ,we don't meet somebody from the bottom of cement truck windscreen trophy league ,coz we all know what will happen
But as for last night  , I am enjoying the latest "Up"

bluebrendan

Quote from: andy1966 on November 04, 2015, 09:07:42
According to BT sports , City are the only British team to ever win at Sevilla, even England have never won there ?
City never cease to amaze me, First team through to the last 16 and they did it without several top names
I agree the ref was great , never flinched ,at some real tackles and totally ignored the divers ,I'd love to see more like him
Sterling and Boney starting to show promise
But this is city and I just hope in the next few weeks ,we don't meet somebody from the bottom of cement truck windscreen trophy league ,coz we all know what will happen
But as for last night  , I am enjoying the latest "Up"

Bottom of the table, new manager, City off the back of a big win....what could possibly go wrong at Villa? ;-)

Fantastic performance last night, well done to everyone, players, coaching staff and the City fans out there. Fernandinho was world class.

Rowley Birkin QC

Were you waving one of these Brendan?

Rowley Birkin QC

Still buzzing after last night's game! I think we finally have a proper, versatile squad.

goat

watched it this morning, wasnt bad

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Zabba on November 03, 2015, 22:05:25
Absolute perfection, right tactics, right attitude, right result.

Over the (blue) moon with that tonight.

Well done to the squad and management.
Ditto

The referee not falling for some of their antics helped. If we play like that in Turin...

shandon

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 04, 2015, 11:03:01
Still buzzing after last night's game! I think we finally have a proper, versatile squad.

Were you able to watch the full game? Also did you hear fox sports have lost the Premier League tv rights?  :-[

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 04, 2015, 10:59:48
Were you waving one of these Brendan?

No, I was booing the telly. Neighbours probably thought I'd lost it, as they've only moved in recently.  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Thought you might have been enjoying Sunny Spain Brendan  :)  My neighbours must certainly wonder about some of the expletives that drift out of our open windows in the small hours of a warm summer's night during the northern hemisphere football season.

Quote from: shandon on November 04, 2015, 13:31:10
Were you able to watch the full game? Also did you hear fox sports have lost the Premier League tv rights?  :-[

Game was (luckily) the one shown on SBS shandon. Seems SBS still have the rights to broadcast a Champions League game now and then (although on some European football nights they don't show anything  ??? ). I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the TV listings as I was convinced they would only have the Real Madrid v PSG game on.

Yes - a bit shocked this week when I heard about Foxtel losing the rights to the Prem. I'm worried, but not panicking yet! Gone to Optus, but they dropped their cable TV service years ago so it will be interesting to see what platform they put it out on (presumably via their own broadband streaming?)

It's a shame though - Fox Sports Prem coverage has been excellent all these years, but Foxtel as a whole has always been too expensive for what we get here, and they screw you for more money for every tiny bloody upgrade. Always thought their business model was stupid. I think I read recently that their subscription take-up rate has plateaued. They're going to be facing tough competition from the likes of Netflix soon. I suspect the Premier League has gone with Optus because they'll get their 'product' into a more competitive and potentially much wider market. The big questions will be - what will Optus charge us? And will Optus (a telcom company with not the greatest reputation) be able to provide a reliable and stable service? With our internet speeds - all I can say is I hope the National Broadband Network cable finally gets to my street soon!

shandon

Yes I didn't even check the tv guide to see which game SBS was showing. I almost forgot they still show one game of champions league per round.
So you think Optus will only show the games as online streaming? Call me old fashioned by I prefer watching on television. I even read somewhere they might consider doing a deal to have premier league back on free to air tv as well. But that's probably unlikely. I don't know much about what channels Optus offers. I will have to have a look for next season.

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree about the TV thing - haven't got used to watching streamed stuff on the compute yet. Not the least because in my experience (at least in Aus) it's not always that reliable - certainly not on live stuff anyway.

Like I said - Optus dropped their cable TV service years ago - so it's going to be streaming if they are going to keep it to themselves. Alternatively, I too have heard rumours that they may sell the Premiership back to free to air TV in various packages, but I suppose we'll have to wait an see.