News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

sevilla vs city

Started by ebm1991, November 03, 2015, 19:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

I quit Foxtel 8 months ago (moved house) after 12 years on platinum package, they treated me like shit when I quit, and then had the cheek to ring me and consider going back to them............ >:(

I have Netflix now $12 a month

and watch all City games with my laptop wifi'd to my telly

It works a treat, and its free

I think they'll be fucked without EPL

Rowley Birkin QC

I know you don't care a jot about it nimmers, but I think you're under-estimating the draw of Foxtel's AFL coverage. But I do agree in part, losing the Premier League will put a sizeable dint in Foxtel's pulling power.

I've got all the smart TV and the cable broadband based wifi network stuff and I've watched a bit of sport on links via it, but I find the picture quality a bit sus sometimes on these "free" (and not strictly kosher) links.

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 05, 2015, 10:41:34
I know you don't care a jot about it nimmers, but I think you're under-estimating the draw of Foxtel's AFL coverage. But I do agree in part, losing the Premier League will put a sizeable dint in Foxtel's pulling power.

I've got all the smart TV and the cable broadband based wifi network stuff and I've watched a bit of sport on links via it, but I find the picture quality a bit sus sometimes on these "free" (and not strictly kosher) links.

Yes your right about AFL, but Foxtel has huge overheads when compared to say Netflix which has thousands of movies and tv series for a fraction of the price, I think Foxtel will have to become an internet based streaming service eventually as more and more customers leave for cheaper pastures. I was paying $185 a month

When I ended my subscription they sent me a letter saying if they didnt receive theyre equipment back by mail within 14 days I would incur a $900 fee (I had 3 x iq's, plus 3 remotes and all cables), it used to be somebody came and picked it up but now you have to post it back, so they send you a kind of threatening letter, it took the letter 4 days to get to me so I only had 10 days to pack it all up and return it, then worry that they had received it...........I had been a customer for 15 years on the full package, never a late payment etc and they treated me like a leper

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 05, 2015, 10:41:34

depends on the links kenny, flash ones will always be shit but the acestream ones are in hd and free

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh - there's no doubt services like Netflix will start to put traditional TV providers under serious pressure in just a few years from now nimmers.

Quote from: goat on November 05, 2015, 11:32:01
depends on the links kenny, flash ones will always be shit but the acestream ones are in hd and free

acestream eh goat? I'll remember the name.

goat

clev blue is a big fan, cant get enough of it

nimrod

Quote from: shandon on November 05, 2015, 01:29:19
Yes I didn't even check the tv guide to see which game SBS was showing. I almost forgot they still show one game of champions league per round.
So you think Optus will only show the games as online streaming? Call me old fashioned by I prefer watching on television. I even read somewhere they might consider doing a deal to have premier league back on free to air tv as well. But that's probably unlikely. I don't know much about what channels Optus offers. I will have to have a look for next season.

full match here Shando mate

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/11/03/sevilla-vs-manchester-city-highlights-full-match/

shandon

Thanks I did actually see the full game myself on Bein Sports television. I was just asking Rowley as I remembered he didn't have Bein, but I forgot SBS still show one game per fortnight  8)

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 05, 2015, 11:36:38
Oh - there's no doubt services like Netflix will start to put traditional TV providers under serious pressure in just a few years from now nimmers.

acestream eh goat? I'll remember the name.

you'll need fast internet for the HD stuff Ken, weve got fibre optic here so it works well.

Rowley Birkin QC

Presumably if you are on a direct fibre optic cable you're on the NBN nimmers?

They've not got around to doing our suburb yet. So for now I'm still on a Hybrid Fibre Coaxial cable. (Still heaps better than ADSL though...)

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 06, 2015, 10:27:24
Presumably if you are on a direct fibre optic cable you're on the NBN nimmers?

Yes

gavin

It's actually some sort of green!

Seville beat Real Madrid 3-2 tonight. It certainly is a funny old game.