News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@Bournemouth

Started by gavin, February 24, 2024, 16:47:27

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Akanji, Stones, Dias (C), Ake, Rodrigo, Nunes, Kovacic, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Walker, Grealish, Doku, De Bruyne, Alvarez, Gomez, Bobb, Lewis

There is some power on the bench there

Stephen Paul

reddishblue

Quote from: Stephen Paul on February 24, 2024, 16:51:05
4 centre backs again

At one point I noticed Stonesy was on the left wing. So far so good.

gavin

I was cursing Haaland yet again when he blasted that chance wide after being put through by Phil but fair play to him it was a lovely run and a good effort that rebounded to Phil for the goal. We dominated that half but not too many good final balls. We could do with putting someone to the sword for goal difference so we need to find those final balls.

Stephen Paul

strange game ,we are still not at our best

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

2nd best in this second half. Need to hold on for this win. Can't afford to drop points in this fixture.

Nunes and Kovacic. Poor buys.

Stephen Paul

totally agree
poor team selection

Hesperus

Hard watch that 2nd half. Good result though in the end. Phew.

Stephen Paul

gavin

We're making hard work of these matches. Its not looking good for when we come up against the big boys in March. We've got to start scoring some goals soon.

KunDB

Totally underwhelmed by our performance today. Back to back clean sheets yet we still look vulnerable at the back, and a blunt instrument up front.

The balance is not right. Just not creating enough decent chances in the oppositions box.

We lost control of midfield far too often, we were second best to lose balls too often. We couldn't even win our own throw-ins too often. Flaws all over the field. Only Foden looked like leadership material to me.

Hate saying it but we look far away from PL champions in waiting and a god bit under the performance level of the last two seasons teams.

Kilkenny Blue

Doku?  WTF does her bring to the team?

Stephen Paul

him , Nunes and Kovacic for me are not top notch quality

Stephen Paul

A very average performance from City in which some players just going through the motions which is concerning at this stage of the season

jingoe

Kovacic never seems to be fully in control of the ball when he runs. Very awkward looking and invariably hangs on to it too long. Nice through ball for the goal though to be fair

KunDB

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on February 24, 2024, 20:41:48
Doku?  WTF does her bring to the team?

In fairness, he needs time to settle in and he was three man marked yesterday. That opens up a lot of space in defence we should exploit but didn't. We as a team were poor yesterday.