News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Scousers

Started by gavin, March 10, 2024, 15:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Stones, Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Alvarez, Foden, Haaland

Subs: Stefan Ortega, Dias, Kovačić, Doku, Gómez, Gvardiol, Nunes, Bobb, Lewis

We need to finish our chances to put the game out of sight before the last 15 minutes

Stephen Paul

Stonesy Stonesy Stonesy

gavin

I was just incredulous that we scored like that and didn't celebrate at all. I was waiting for VAR to find an excuse to deny it. What a great goal though. We have to be more deadly in open play in the final third though. There's no way we hold on to 1-0.

reddishblue

Alvarez not quite at the races so far today.

gavin

Gifted them a goal. Ake and Ederson shocking.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

reddishblue

Thank fuck that's over. Rode our luck today as did they at our gaffe so overall a fair result.

gavin

It could have gone either way. Liverpool bossed the second half but Doku hit the post. It is very disappointing to have gifted them a goal like that though. They should have had to work for the equaliser to start with. But the lads stuck to the task defensively. We should have kept the ball better.

The title is out of our hands now but it could have been much worse. There should still be twists and turns with a quarter of the season still to play.

Hesperus

Another poor performance at their place. Why we have such trouble there is beyond me. Happy with a draw though in the end.

Plenty of time in the title race though. It's still far from over.

KunDB

Howler by Ake. Still pathetic but pathetic by Ederson, he was never winning that ball and should have just defended and pushed the attacker to the byline and stall the attack as best as possible.

Point an undeserved reward for sticking at it even though we were second best.

Kilkenny Blue

Should it have been a penalty at the end?

Hesperus

I don't think we play well when we start with Haarland and Alverez. We've played much better recently when played the extra midfielder with Haarland up front on his own. Alverez at the moment isn't doing enough to earn a starting spot. I like his energy when he comes in the 2nd half as a sub, but for me it doesn't work when he starts.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on March 10, 2024, 18:10:23
we were lucky

Stephen Paul

that was a fucking hard watch second half

gavin

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on March 10, 2024, 18:10:23

No, Doku got the ball, their player was in no real danger and there was little if any contact. Still dunno what Doku was fucking about at mind you.

The scousers just expect every game to be handed to them by the officials.

jingoe

Bernardo was lucky to stay on after his lunge on the halfway line didn't connect. We were lucky to get a point in the end

Neil Mcnab

It was always going to be difficult, so it proved. Not often under the cosh. A decent point. Hope KDB is fired up after getting the hook, rather than spitting the dummy.

Stephen Paul

bottom line, a decent point and still in the hunt

KunDB

Watching the FC Copenhagen game I was really impressed with Kovacic. He controlled and calmed the game beautifully. He did the same at Anfield when he came on, he calmed the game and brought back control to our midfield spiking Liverpool's charge.

This is a really good player who breeds to start more often, even though fitting him in might be difficult.

gavin

Ederson has fucked himself for a month. Daft sod. He was miles away from the ball.

reddishblue

For a while I've thought Ederson doesn't know when he should hoof it, been too many close calls imo. Maybe a rest will do him good, meanwhile I have confidence in Stefan.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on March 11, 2024, 22:46:31
For a while I've thought Ederson doesn't know when he should hoof it, been too many close calls imo. Maybe a rest will do him good, meanwhile I have confidence in Stefan.
Stefan is solid and should have no issues