News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CAS APPEAL - EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE

Started by KunDB, July 13, 2020, 09:31:25

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Link to CAS

Happy, happy days City proved right UEFA proved incompetent.

To incompetent greedy UEFA, its biased Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) and media leaking Investigatory Chamber (IC) and its ‘noble & esteemed grandee’ members.
I say to you, up Yours.

To UEFA’s unfair and elite protectionist Financial Fair Play regulations.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Javier Tebas.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Bayern Munich and Uli Hoeness.
I say to you, up Yours.

To der Spiegel.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Miguel Delaney.
I say to you, up Yours.

To ‘Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. The established and jealous European elite Premier League clubs who collectively over the years rigged the PL and CL so they would profit and suppress any other PL club’s ability to challenge their dominance. Also, Spurs, Leicester, Burnley, & Wolves (yes really Wolves) who collectively with this elite corresponded to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) to protest at, and seek to prevent, City delaying their appeal even though City had not petitioned the court to ask for such a delay and it and had clearly stated they had no such intention of doing so.
I say to you, up Yours.

To hacker Rui Pinto.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Arsène Wenger.
I say to you, up Yours.

To the biased media, press and TV pundits who attack City relentlessly, from an anti-Arab ownership racist platform.
I say to you, up Yours.

To jealous fans of rival clubs.
I say to you, up Yours.

To Sheffield Utd, who declined to join the other 8 top ten clubs in the PL in contacting CAS with a view to shafting City.
I say to you, mega Respect to you as a club and I wish you success for the future.

gavin

MANCHESTER CITY FCDID NOTDISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONSBUTDID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFAAUTHORITIESCASDECISION:EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFACLUB COMPETITIONSLIFTED;FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCEDTO EUR10MILLION

10 Million Euro fine for not complying with the investigation. Thats it.

gavin

KunDB

MEDIA RELEASE
FOOTBALL â€" UEFA COMPETITIONS

MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS
SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE
UEFA AUTHORITIES.

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB
COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCED
TO EUR 10 MILLION.

Lausanne, 13 July 2020 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has issued its decision in the
arbitration procedure between Manchester City Football Club and the Union of European Football
Associations (UEFA).

The case concerns an appeal filed by Manchester City FC (MCFC) against the decision of the
Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) dated 14 February 2020 in
which it was deemed to have contravened UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations
and sanctioned with exclusion from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons
and ordered to pay a fine of EUR 30 million.

The Panel of arbitrators in charge of the matter, composed of Mr Rui Botica Santos (Portugal),
President, Prof. Ulrich Haas (Germany) and Mr Andrew McDougall QC (France), conducted a hearing
with the parties, their legal representatives, witnesses and experts on 8, 9 and 10 June 2020.
Following the hearing, the CAS Panel deliberated and concluded that the decision issued on
14 February 2020 by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB should be set aside and replaced by the
following:

a.) MCFC has contravened Article 56 of the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

b.) MCFC shall pay a fine of EUR 10,000,000 to the UEFA, within 30 days as from the date of
issuance of the arbitral award.

The CAS award emphasized that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber
of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred. As the charges with respect to any dishonest
concealment of equity funding were clearly more significant violations than obstructing the CFCB’s
investigations, it was not appropriate to impose a ban on participating in UEFA’s club competitions
for MCFC’s failure to cooperate with the CFCB’s investigations alone.

Tribunal Arbitral du Sport Court of Arbitration for Sport.

However, considering
i) the financial resources of MCFC;
ii) the importance of the cooperation of clubs in investigations conducted by the CFCB, because of its limited investigative means; and
iii) MCFC’s disregard of such principle and its obstruction of the investigations,
the CAS Panel found that a significant fine should be imposed on MCFC and considered it appropriate to reduce UEFA’s initial
fine by 2/3, i.e. to the amount of EUR 10 million.

The final award with reasons will be published on the CAS website in a few days.

MAN CITY OFFICIALSTATEMENT

Whilst Manchester City and its legal advisors are yet to review the full ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), the Club welcomes the implications of today’s ruling as a validation of the Club’s position and the body of evidence that it was able to present. The Club wishes to thank the panel members for their diligence and the due process that they administered.

Gareth

Fkn brilliant. Wish we could be there to "cheer" their anthem at the Real match...

Hesperus

Excellent news, staggering really that UEFA could hand down a sanction with such flimsy evidence. UEFA should be thoroughly audited and massively restructured. It’s an organisation that stinks.

Hesperus

If we won the case then shouldn’t we be able to get UEFA to pay our legal costs?

£8.9 million should cover our legal costs I reckon.  :)

Paddy

bluebrendan

Quote from: stephenmcfc on July 13, 2020, 15:20:06
Sky sports in meltdown
If only that was literally true!

I see Klopp's been running his gob off in the press conference - "not a good day for football..." without appearing to understand anything about the case, daft fucker.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: bluebrendan on July 14, 2020, 16:23:20
If only that was literally true!

I see Klopp's been running his gob off in the press conference - "not a good day for football..." without appearing to understand anything about the case, daft fucker.

Think Klopp and that other cnut let themselves down yesterday without knowing the facts

Swiss

Aye, they're hoping to destabilise the club.

What I'm slightly worried about is the time barred bits.

We'll see what the breakdown says

gavin

We may well have been cleared of the time barred bits anyway. Since they're time barred what is to worry about?

Swiss

Nothing legally, just reputation , gives others ammunition.  We'd get off from doing something wrong on a technicality.

Dep3nds what it is really.

gavin

I may be wrong but I doubt they even look at the evidence if it is time barred

KunDB

Court wouldn’t waste time on that. It looked at the main 2015-16 allegations made in Der Spiegel. The court was totally clear that no equity funding was disguised as sponsorship monies.

Swiss

KunDB

So good to see the club hit back. For far to long we have been silent and dignified in our response to the coordinated attacks on our integrity from opponent clubs and their media lackeys. So, it was so good to see Peps post CAS press conference where he laid in to our jealous detractors, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsene Wenger (hypocrite who levelled 'Financial Doping' phrase repeatedly at City, then eventually U-turned seeking FFP to be dumped as it was not fit and proper) and Javier Tebas to name but a few,

Followed up by the press conference attack on Arsenal who City believe coordinated the attack letter to CAS, which was an open and failed embarrassment of a interference in due process. One that exposed to all what was going on in the background, which no doubt pushed UEFA to investigate and punish City on false charges and hacked data splurged across the media with obvious intent to damage City and profit the old G14 clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53479675

Pep Guardiola: Man City boss in 'respect' jibe at Arsenal

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he respects Arsenal on the pitch - but "not much off the pitch".

City had their two-year European suspension overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) on 13 July.

City are understood to believe Arsenal were a chief instigator behind a collective request by eight Premier League clubs for Cas not to allow a delay to the ban pending appeal.

As the case was decided before the end of the season, no delay was needed.

Some senior figures within the game are annoyed City had their punishment for Financial Fair Play regulation breaches reduced, while the club are angry at the behaviour of some of their rivals.

Last week, Guardiola demanded an apology and told clubs to stop "whispering" about City behind their backs.

Chelsea, Burnley, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham and Wolves were the other seven top-flight clubs involved in the collective approach to Cas.

Reflecting on City's 2-0 FA Cup semi-final defeat by Arsenal on Saturday, Guardiola said: "Opponents always deserve my respect and credit. I have all the respect for what Arsenal are on the pitch. Not much off the pitch, but on the pitch, a lot."

City were irritated by the Gunners earlier in the season when the north London club approached Mikel Arteta - at the time Guardiola's assistant - to succeed the sacked Unai Emery as manager at Emirates Stadium.

Arteta was on the City bench for a 3-0 win at Arsenal in December, after which two senior Gunners executives travelled north to meet the 38-year-old Spaniard at his house for talks.

City had no intention of standing in Arteta's way but felt Arsenal should have told them what they were planning to do.

The Gunners appointed their former captain as manager on 20 December.

Stephen Paul