News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

new permanent home

Started by gavin, November 01, 2014, 14:02:23

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebrendan

Back in, good work Gav.  :)

Lekos

Quote from: goat on November 03, 2014, 21:48:38
Quote from: Lekos on November 03, 2014, 20:59:23
Shit, I've got more posts than Stevie.  Gonna have to back off.  Great to see Stevie Wales is already back on his way to an embarrassing 20k+ posts.

worst part is gav must have deleted about 10k of me calling people cunts

you cnut

:D

goat

new site calls for new admins, i vote for stevie

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on November 03, 2014, 21:54:43
new site calls for new admins

When Gav tarts it up with sub-forums you can have the dustbin again.  :)

Leewonpen

Quote from: gavin on November 03, 2014, 18:17:55
If you continue to have a problem with the ipad let me know further details. Cheers.
Sorted thanks

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Rowley Birkin QC

Old site appears to live again. (As I found out when I clicked on the link on my Favourites bar - which is odd, because I'm sure I used the same link to get into the new site yesterday)

gavin

Yes, the old site is back up as an archive (http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0) - not sure for how long as Dreamhost still have to do some work with it. I intend to leave it there with old topics able to be replied to if it stays functional. there are difficulties with staying logged in which is why we had to upgrade in the first place,

Please bookmark the new site.

gavin

The old board went out with City as Champions  :D .

chocovla

Whoah. Was away for work a week and suddenly Citymancs went ***** up. Great to see it up and running. Time for a new disaster recovery plan where all SQL backups are local again as the hosting providers can't be trusted  ;)

gavin

Welcome Chocovla. We still do tape backups at work but I don't think we need go that far here. I will work on a script cron job to do nightlies to the server in my kitchen.

chocovla

Quote from: gavin on November 04, 2014, 00:39:27
Welcome Chocovla. We still do tape backups at work but I don't think we need go that far here. I will work on a script cron job to do nightlies to the server in my kitchen.

Even to this day with all the cloud infrastructure available I'm still wary of a online backup only. Then again I'm one of those old geezers who still has a completely wired network in his house. :)

gavin

Quote from: chocovla on November 04, 2014, 08:03:57
Quote from: gavin on November 04, 2014, 00:39:27

Even to this day with all the cloud infrastructure available I'm still wary of a online backup only. Then again I'm one of those old geezers who still has a completely wired network in his house. :)

Wired is still by far the best way to go. Even with Wireless AC, I only get 200Mbps to my server and 400mbps from it using my laptop so still a fraction of gig ethernet.

I notice the database is down again on the old forum so I have put back in place the direct forward to here. Hopefully we will get the old forum back again at some stage. Glad we moved the new place to bluehost though. Please bookmark http://forum2.citymancs.com.

The webmail still seems to be stuck at Friday for my citymancs account but IMAP access seems fine. If anyone needs help accessing email let me know - the address for imap/smtp is mail.citymancs.com and you put your full email address in as the username. Configuration is pretty standard.

shandon

I had some initial problems with the passwords too. Hopefully fixed now  :)

Kippax Cat

Aha................thought you could move house and leave the pet cat behind did you????  ;)

gavin

Welcome Cat and Shandon. No plans to leave anyone behind at all but things were rather rushed upon us unfortunately!  :)

zacc

Quote from: Kippax Cat on November 04, 2014, 21:13:56
Aha................thought you could move house and leave the pet cat behind did you????  ;)

as if kitty :)

Lekos

Gavonatron, can you put the "up" button back?

gavin

Will have a look at it at some stage Alexi.

bry the guy

Get home from hospital to find we have a new house,im going to have to be carfull on this laminated floor though,its a bit slippy.