News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PSG Thread Qtr Final CL

Started by KunDB, April 12, 2016, 19:22:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

That's because no one can understand a bloody word you say.

(That last sentence being a case in point!)

KunDB

Quote from: lee on April 13, 2016, 23:37:53
personal abuse my arse..if i called you a wanker that would be personal abuse... all i have said is you write drivel..what a drama queen!!

"..you need help fella.."

Sorry, I must have misunderstood that. I did not realise that remark was somehow football related. Somehow I thought it was directed at me.

As regards my original big crime, stating the obvious "Why can we not pass and retain possession they are just average PSG." A remark made during the game about a 5 minute spell in the game shortly after half time. I had not expected a football comment on a football forum could cause such offence to an administrator of a football forum "is there any way i dont have to read your drivel?" The latter I am pretty sure is a personal comment and not football related.

Think again Lee.

gavin

Lekos

Ban Lee for his own sake. Ban me for a week while you're at it as well.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on April 14, 2016, 19:10:32
"..you need help fella.."

Sorry, I must have misunderstood that. I did not realise that remark was somehow football related. Somehow I thought it was directed at me.

As regards my original big crime, stating the obvious "Why can we not pass and retain possession they are just average PSG." A remark made during the game about a 5 minute spell in the game shortly after half time. I had not expected a football comment on a football forum could cause such offence to an administrator of a football forum "is there any way i dont have to read your drivel?" The latter I am pretty sure is a personal comment and not football related.

Think again Lee.

ok i'll think again..

your talking about an isolated comment..im talking about your drivel in general...

kapeesh?

KunDB

Quote from: lee on April 15, 2016, 11:02:15
ok i'll think again..

your talking about an isolated comment..im talking about your drivel in general...

kapeesh?

bry the guy

Swiss

City fans need to troll BT sport's social media en-mass

gavin

On the bright side, it is nice to see them squirm when City win. I don't really watch the buildup anyway and switch off directly after defeats. I wouldn't really want the sickly sweet coverage that Liverpool get. We have our problems and we should face them but still be proud that we are the only English team still in the main competition. A lot of the spite is increasingly plain jealousy. I rather enjoy their jealousy.

Gareth

Yeah, well, I suppose I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does. Never watch the pre- or post-match analysis, and quite often watch the action with the sound muted. Although that doesn't work so well with the radio, I've found. Didn't there used to be a channel where you could watch matches with just ambient stadium sound? That'd work for me.

gavin

They used to have different audio channels on Sky where you could choose just to have the stadium sound. I'd often use it too. Like you, I watch with the sound down when it does start annoying me but just occasionally you do miss something that they mention that is happening off camera like a player warming up or a goal being disallowed.

Victoria

it's no different here in the USA, same shit and same comments. What pissed me off was the coverage of CL. For the past 2 years I have watched City on FS1 for CL games while this year they covered Rag Bastard games and put City games on the back bench until the Rags got put out of Europe. The media are a set of Arseholes!

Rowley Birkin QC

The Sky Sports commentator on the rags v Villa game has just said -

"...but that isn't the Manchester Utd way. They've always played attractive, attacking football. Even when they were relegated they played attractive football."

Seriously - you can't make this stuff up. I'm still laughing!   :D

Swiss

I'm watching the UK commentary on the rag/villa game and they're only talking about how good utd are like Villa don't exist unless they feck up.

Lekos

Quote from: Gareth on April 16, 2016, 09:20:39
Didn't there used to be a channel where you could watch matches with just ambient stadium sound? That'd work for me.

That's on option on BBC, on the rare occasion they broadcast a match.

Gareth

Quote from: Lekos on April 16, 2016, 20:01:06
That's on option on BBC, on the rare occasion they broadcast a match.
Thanks - noted. Although I think I'll pass on the semi-final next week-end...

Gareth

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 16, 2016, 15:40:28
The Sky Sports commentator on the rags v Villa game has just said -

"...but that isn't the Manchester Utd way. They've always played attractive, attacking football. Even when they were relegated they played attractive football."

Seriously - you can't make this stuff up. I'm still laughing!   :D

But this is also indicative of the road towards invitation-only participation in European competition and a domestic Premier League with no relegation from it nor promotion to it. UEFA will need to protect the assets they have for sale, and the TV companies likewise their advertising income stream, for the circus to continue. You may think City have done enough now to "qualify", but if it happened and there were just one franchise available for Manchester, who do you think would get that? Neo-liberal economic models aren't meritocratic. That's why this kind of casual insidious propaganda needs to be challenged.

Swiss

Quote from: Gareth on April 17, 2016, 06:25:44
Thanks - noted. Although I think I'll pass on the semi-final next week-end...

Sky used to do similar where they would have fan commentary, none or standard.

Quote from: Gareth on April 17, 2016, 06:53:35
But this is also indicative of the road towards invitation-only participation in European competition and a domestic Premier League with no relegation from it nor promotion to it. UEFA will need to protect the assets they have for sale, and the TV companies likewise their advertising income stream, for the circus to continue. You may think City have done enough now to "qualify", but if it happened and there were just one franchise available for Manchester, who do you think would get that? Neo-liberal economic models aren't meritocratic. That's why this kind of casual insidious propaganda needs to be challenged.

Running for the Labour leaders job!?

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on April 17, 2016, 12:17:06
Running for the Labour leaders job!?

Well, she is a waste of space; and she'll probably find that out for herself in a couple of weeks. But no thanks.