News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kevin De Bruyne

Started by KunDB, August 21, 2015, 18:14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

If reports are correct he is currently on his way to Manchester for a weekend medical and signing shortly thereafter. £50.4m

Wow what a good summer transfer window it has been, we now have real strenght in depth.

Kevin De Bruyne signing story link

Stephen Paul

If it doesn't happen this weekend then fook it!!!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

He's expected to sign on Monday Steve!! Have mercy!

Stephen Paul

Fookin pig is going mad now Durk !!!!!

KunDB

Ok Stephen give him a chance, if he does not sign by Tuesday, September 1, at 6pm then call it over.

Lets hope he has been worth all this waiting.

Tricky Trev

Ludicrous price yet again.

Lekos

Have you ever posted anything positive mate, or is the world you live in generally dark and depressing?

silvablue

Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 21, 2015, 19:57:26
Ludicrous price yet again.

Only if you want to think that. We do not need to worry about the finances the club hierarchy are experts at that. We just need to worry about how much our team will be improved by the top class players brought in. Imagine life if we did not have Abu Dhabi investment, no Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Toure.......No chance - we would at best be Newcastle.

CL & PL money has rocketed and it follows that players transfer fees also skyrocket. Unfortunately no matter how you look at it ultimately we fans pay.

A much strengthened squad should result in a much stronger CL performance and that is what really matters for the club hierarchy and fans. We City fans have the luxury now that we do not need to worry about the money side of things.

gavin

It was a ludicrous price when we paid £1 million for Trevor Francis. It is all ludicrous money and has been for years in football. Such a shame on society that sportsmen are so highly valued compared to other professions. Nowt we can do about it really though is there when the general public still sees fit to vote in the Tory party.

Given that, I just hope he turns out to be a bloody good City player.

lee

if he replaces navas then im all for it

goat

more likely the end of nasri

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on August 21, 2015, 22:16:37
It was a ludicrous price when we paid £1 million for Trevor Francis. It is all ludicrous money and has been for years in football. Such a shame on society that sportsmen are so highly valued compared to other professions. Nowt we can do about it really though is there when the general public still sees fit to vote in the Tory party.

Any chance you can to have a dig at the tories... Not as if labour did anything in the decade they were in power ;)

gavin

Well we did get the minimum wage which the tories fought tooth and nail to prevent. But I was just using their re-election as an indication of how people don't give a fuck about the ludicrous inequalities in society which are so perfectly displayed by the value put on footballers rather than comparing party political competence.

Anyway, this has little to do with De Bruyne, which was my other point. Footballers are not to blame and his fee is just the latest in a very, very long list. 50 million or 5 million - it is still bloody ludicrous. I just focus on whether they win trophies for City.

clevblue

Quote from: Swiss on August 22, 2015, 02:36:46
Quote from: gavin on August 21, 2015, 22:16:37

Any chance you can to have a dig at the tories... Not as if labour did anything in the decade they were in power ;)
That's history! and New labour were shit, but it's all about who's in now for whom only 26% of the total population voted

Shouldn't do politics on here really and I apologise for it

Let's just get players in and strengthen (in DeBruyne's case) the attack

Neil Mcnab

Just need a midfielder and a full back now..

bannblue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 22, 2015, 11:22:01
Just need a midfielder and a full back now..
and another striker.....

Swiss

It's just the north south divide  8)

Though my old man's from Manchester and the Tories actually took him off the streets and made him; not wealthy, but out of poverty.
When I was born (winter) they were burning their furniture in a bin just to keep us warm!
And that's all done, no more politics :)

Whatever the fee, just looking forward to seeing him play.

Teams will no longer just mark Silva out of the game, they'll have to mark 4 quality players across the top with an eye on Yaya and the others arriving late.

Good times and I'm actually looking forward to the Champs league this year: Awaits group of death!

Tricky Trev

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, it's not being negative when it's fact. But I am EXTREMELY unhappy with city's transfer policy. I see other clubs buying players all the time and it's rarely the same amount. They also manage to sell for a good price. But city transfer policy seems to be much alike when they first started with Hughes. You would think things would improve and that other clubs would be unable to hold city ransom.

Even if the club has unlimited cash and does not have to worry about the rules as much, it doesn't mean the money should sit so loose. Just look at the attitude in here, I just want to see him play, I don't care what it costs, pay whatever. What the fuck is happening?  Integrity is dead yeah. It's hard to believe this is a city forum when I read things like that.

KunDB

Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 22, 2015, 14:02:55
Sorry for pointing out the obvious, it's not being negative when it's fact. But I am EXTREMELY unhappy with city's transfer policy. I see other clubs buying players all the time and it's rarely the same amount. They also manage to sell for a good price. But city transfer policy seems to be much alike when they first started with Hughes. You would think things would improve and that other clubs would be unable to hold city ransom.

Even if the club has unlimited cash and does not have to worry about the rules as much, it doesn't mean the money should sit so loose. Just look at the attitude in here, I just want to see him play, I don't care what it costs, pay whatever. What the fuck is happening?  Integrity is dead yeah. It's hard to believe this is a city forum when I read things like that.

I have followed City for over 50 years. I loved Summerbee, Bell & Lee. I loved City winning things. I hated the lean times, the hard times, the painful times, the third tier of English football, the pain and then elation of the play-off final. I hated the taunts of Utd fans and watching them collect honour after honour. They were mega successful, we were mega unsuccessful. Why? They had money we had debts. Money talks and buys you the best, which brings success.

I cannot think of any reason I should regret City having money, buying the best and enjoying success. Wake up TT to the real world you need money to be sucessful, look at the PL table it is no coincidence the richest are top the poorest bottom of the table.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 22, 2015, 14:02:55

I believe nearly everyone could do a better job than Burgerstain, what a numpty. But, unless you have your blue goggles on, we have little to offer except cash and the hope of European success. Yes, we will be fighting for the league, but any player we look to sign would be in that bracket and going to that type of club. Its a very limited pool of players we are now looking at. KDB and Otamendi were top players in their positions in their leagues last year. Wolfsburg are rumoured to have put £150,000 a week on the table for KDB to stay. They dont need to sell.
Otamndis agent is Mendes, who screws us every time. But what choice do we have?
I am unsure we will ever be the type of draw for players like Barca or Real Madrid. We still wont have the weather or other things players/WAGs from especially Southern Europe/South America want and never will. Only money will talk.
In ten years with continuing success, we may be more of a catch.