News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kevin De Bruyne

Started by KunDB, August 21, 2015, 18:14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

WE're a buying cub and therefore it's a sellers market.

The other clubs know they can hold out for a bit more cash: Simple economics really!

nimrod

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 22, 2015, 17:18:44
Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 22, 2015, 14:02:55
Sorry for pointing out the obvious, it's not being negative when it's fact. But I am EXTREMELY unhappy with city's transfer policy. I see other clubs buying players all the time and it's rarely the same amount. They also manage to sell for a good price. But city transfer policy seems to be much alike when they first started with Hughes. You would think things would improve and that other clubs would be unable to hold city ransom.

Even if the club has unlimited cash and does not have to worry about the rules as much, it doesn't mean the money should sit so loose. Just look at the attitude in here, I just want to see him play, I don't care what it costs, pay whatever. What the fuck is happening?  Integrity is dead yeah. It's hard to believe this is a city forum when I read things like that.
I believe nearly everyone could do a better job than Burgerstain, what a numpty. But, unless you have your blue goggles on, we have little to offer except cash and the hope of European success. Yes, we will be fighting for the league, but any player we look to sign would be in that bracket and going to that type of club. Its a very limited pool of players we are now looking at. KDB and Otamendi were top players in their positions in their leagues last year. Wolfsburg are rumoured to have put £150,000 a week on the table for KDB to stay. They dont need to sell.
Otamndis agent is Mendes, who screws us every time. But what choice do we have?
I am unsure we will ever be the type of draw for players like Barca or Real Madrid. We still wont have the weather or other things players/WAGs from especially Southern Europe/South America want and never will. Only money will talk.
In ten years with continuing success, we may be more of a catch.

maybe the sheik should have bought Torquay United, English Riviera, Palm trees and all that   :D

zacc

wonder if the hope is as the youth come through & make progress some will be sold for a few £££££££££££££s?

Neil Mcnab

KunDB

Yes this time I am confident the signing will be confirmed. A good signing but what a price, the Belgian fans rate him even more highly than Hazard, that is some praise.

lee

about bleeding time

fook how much he costs..as long as he replaces navas he's worth every stinking penny  8)

silvablue

Lekos

Tricky Trev

This is getting out of hand, absolutely pathetic if the price is true. Shocking attitude in here. I guess that's what money and success does.

Neil Mcnab

Shocking, pathetic? Or great news, we've signed the Bundesligas player of the year?

gavin

It got out of hand decades ago. Nothing particularly shocking about this deal. There's been bigger.

Just looking forward to seeing him playing now. Shame Navas can't finish because he would be bloody good if he could.

Swiss

Go back to supporting the rags!

Stephen Paul

A good investment and a clear message sent out that we mean business

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: TrickyTrev on August 26, 2015, 23:15:44
This is getting out of hand, absolutely pathetic if the price is true. Shocking attitude in here. I guess that's what money and success does.

"This is getting out of hand"?! Really? Do you know your football history? Do you think no one thought the same thing when the rags parted with what was, back in 2002, an obscene amount of money for a defender!? Do you not think some bloke with big whiskers and a stove pipe hat back in about 1875 also thought things were "getting out of hand" when supposedly strictly amateur English clubs began handing out secret wads of cash to professional players (who's presence on their books they then tired to hide in all sorts of inventive ways?)

For goodness sake - ever since the 1870 - 80's, professional football has always been about MONEY, and those clubs lucky enough to have the most money generally got the best players and won the most trophies. It's a simple equation and it's always been that way. Nothing has changed in over a hundred years - only the size of the amounts involved, and that's just inflation.

Ah well... you're not the only one with an overly romanticised view of what professional football actually is (no matter which team you support). Your naivety is arguably more "shocking" than our "attitude".

Lekos

It's clearly on the wind up or American or a Rag or probably all three.

Swiss

It's Citopest isn't it?

The guy who told us he was a rag, but turncoated!

Lekos

Swiss

Whihc ex rag is Trev then unless it's one of Cito's alter ego's!?

nimrod

Its the market rate for top top players (and I dont want the rags to get him) and if we want to be a world force we need these type of players

How much was Bale, Suarez, Neymar etc ?

I hope we buy Pogba as well for 60 million

bry the guy

Well Nasri did say two more to come in on motd and one of them must be KDB may be the other ia Pogba