News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Barca at home

Started by gavin, November 01, 2016, 18:48:17

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Caballero, Zabaleta (C), Stones, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Gunn, Nolito, Navas, Clichy, Kompany, Iheanacho, Fernando

No arsing about there.

KunDB

I like that starting eleven, lets hope we get our overdue lucky breaks tonight to back up a hard working performance.

C'mon City

KunDB

Sucker punch and bad defending.  :'(

Rowley Birkin QC

Fucking lethal on the break this Barca side  >:(

Rowley Birkin QC

Tricky stuff - this playing out from the back!  :D

KunDB

1 1

Just thinking shoot sterling shooting no no don't square the ball ffs

KunDB

That goal has helped us find our mojo

Rowley Birkin QC

Let's face it - we were somewhat outclassed for much of that half, Barca's movement and passing are so good, but - hey! We're back in it.

Need a bit of self believe and take the game to them.

gavin

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah

Rowley Birkin QC

This ref is doing my head in

Gareth

Brilliant! And a draw in the other game doesn't hurt...

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 01, 2016, 20:35:10
Let's face it - we were somewhat outclassed for much of that half, Barca's movement and passing are so good, but - hey! We're back in it.

Need a bit of self believe and take the game to them.

Yes, for parts Barce were great in that first half and we were gifting passes to them.

Would have made our job easier had the ref given us that pen and booked Digne!

KunDB

A joy to watch our confidence is restored onwards and upwards now.

Rowley Birkin QC

How good was that second half!!?  :D

A little self belief and away you go! Barca were fantastic in that first half but we pressed and fought back, and demonstrated why the score line back in Spain flattered them so much. Not as far apart as they might sometimes appear these sides.

Some great performances for City. Zabaleta rolled back the years - vintage stuff from him.

goat

spose id have taken 3-1 if i was offered it before kick off

not bad at all that, otamendi is still shite  tho

Swiss

Fuck YEah!!!!

We should could have scored more, we could have scored mooooore, you're BArcelona and we could have scored more!

For Ota it's his decision making; At times he's awesome, then he'll go and slide in and miss the ball, or run into about 3 opposition players and lose it in a dangerous position.

Rowley Birkin QC

Ah Goat, Otamendi was OK. It was Fernandinho who bothered me in that first half (and I've always been his biggest fan) - too slow and caught on the ball too often.

I'm starting to speculate on whether Caballero should be our first choice keeper...

goat

dont trust him kenny, as  the stat monkey says hes likely to be on his arse at some point

Swiss

If he can stay on his arse then he could be a top draw defender

Ludo

Absolutely fantastic display in the second half, our pressing was outstanding  and if we'd won 5-1 it wouldn't have flattered us.

I did wince a bit when I saw Zabs on the team sheet but he was superb; as Rowley said 'rolling back the years. Gundogan finally showing us what we bought him for as well.