News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

I feel blessed

Started by KunDB, November 03, 2016, 20:54:16

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

..........to have been born a City fan and not a Utd fan.

Yes I know, they are allegedly the biggest club in world football, have more money than any other club (by rigging share out of TV money), they have the highest paid footballers (Rooney, Ibramovich) and the highest wage bill in the Premier League and of any club in the world (no doubt) and they spent obscene amounts of  money in the transfer market over the last few years (and on agents fees). But I still just love and live for City, the wee underdogs.

It is difficult to appreciate the pain and suffering they must now be going through as they decline rapidly. 30+ years developing taunts and laughing at little old 'pathetic' City, playing and losing in the little old (embarrassing Thursday night) Europa League while they, the mighty Utd, went man to man against the likes of Barcelona (and usually lost) in the Champions League.

What has happened all those City derisory chants they developed, all those City taunts 'The Council House' and somewhere deep in my memory I seem to recall something about a banner.

How must they have felt watching DeGea let the overhead shot fly over his head and into his net in Turkey tonight, and then, wait for it, stood flat footed and watched a simple free kick fly into his net. This all happening in the, wait for it, Europa bloody League. And worse still they are 3rd yes 3rd in a group of 4 in a 3rd rate group in the first round phase. Struggling and playing woeful boring football week in week out, with one of the most trophy winning managers in the world perplexed by managing them.

We can only hope those distant memories of arrogance and self delusion will carry them through their next 30+ years of depression. Lets face it they deserve it.

lee

30 seconds start from now.....

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 03, 2016, 21:49:28
30 seconds start from now.....

That's what I like Lee, you never let go you just keep on nibbling.

gavin

I always felt blessed to be a City fan rather than a rag. They never had any class in winning, even less now they're shite. But, yes, these days are so satisfying. Even losing to them in the league cup actually confirmed our superiority with them taking it so seriously whilst City clearly had bigger fish to fry this week than last.

zacc

Was thinking our decades of ups and downs then downs make us the supporters we are namely stoic, realistic with gallows humour that keeps us going.
Even now we don't swagger about with arrogance at City's great times we're enjoying. 
"Class is permanent form is temporary"

clevblue

Quote from: zacc on November 04, 2016, 07:58:10
Was thinking our decades of ups and downs then downs make us the supporters we are namely stoic, realistic with gallows humour that keeps us going.
Even now we don't swagger about with arrogance at City's great times we're enjoying. 
"Class is permanent form is temporary"

It annoys them even more when they know this kind of thing is going on, my little six year old grandson is a red, and loves football so that has made me less antagonistic. That can only be a good thing

Neil Mcnab

It was more like a cross to bear until recently.

zacc

Quote from: clevblue on November 04, 2016, 08:28:54
It annoys them even more when they know this kind of thing is going on, my little six year old grandson is a red, and loves football so that has made me less antagonistic. That can only be a good thing

we're just starting the grandson road and we've got him a couple of City shirts one for now one for later in the year as he grows.
My lad (a Blue) said he'll have Arsenal shirt too, his wife's family are Gunners, I said if he's like the rest of us he'll rebel support someone we won't approve, or prefer rugger!! 
;)

KunDB

For our 3rd goal against Barca Sergio won the ball of Messi just inside our box to start the move, then passed, received back, passed the ball to DeBruyne and was on their goal line diving to chest the Navas cross in. Getting better, if that's possible.