News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Boro

Started by KunDB, November 05, 2016, 14:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

KunDB

CITY XI | Bravo, Zabaleta (C), Stones, Kolarov, Clichy, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Navas, Aguero

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Kompany, Maffeo, Garcia, Nolito, Iheanacho. Sane

It seems like Pep means business today. I had thought he might want some height and punch at the centre of our defence.

C'mon City

Rowley Birkin QC

I predict some major league bus-parking here.

KunDB

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on November 05, 2016, 14:56:55
I predict some major league bus-parking here.

I think you will be spot on with that forecast.

KunDB

30 minutes gone and I am exhausted watching wave after wave of City attacks, against a 5 man defence with 4 lined up in front of them.

KunDB

Great timing for that wonderful goal. Agueroooooooooo

KunDB

What a first half, could we be any better?

Rowley Birkin QC

After a few fluffed shots and failing to get on the end of a couple I was just thinking "Aguero is not as sharp as usual today"- and then he taps that in! Mind you - set up by a sublime pass from De Bruyne.

We worked hard - got the reward.

Chanting "You've only got on leg" at their keeper was a bit harsh  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Has Fernandinho got something wrong with his eyes? How did he not see that Boro player?

KunDB

City nearly a victim of the beast.

Rowley Birkin QC

Some of our passing a little too ambitious this second half - when there are better shorter options.

Rowley Birkin QC

And we've gone a little sluggish - inviting pressure onto ourselves sometimes. Time for Pep to freshen things up.

KunDB

The toll of the Barca game showing second half. A long 20 mins left to keep the one goal lead with tired legs.

Rowley Birkin QC

Shocking miss that Sergio....

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm rather relieved that Pep has subbed him!

Rowley Birkin QC

Could see that coming - our performance has steadily deteriorated as this half has gone on  >:(

KunDB

A sucker punch to a tired fighter.

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm a little disappointed in Pep. Should have changed things a lot earlier.

Only ourselves to blame. Shockingly wasteful in front of goal.

Ludo

Poor second half that cried out for fresh legs.

What do Sane and Maffeo have to do to get a game?

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes Ludo, bit of a puzzle that. It's not like Pep can claim it was all still working well and we just had to wait for the second goal to come.

We were clearly falling off the pace as the half progressed and Boro were getting more and more into the game. Errors started creeping into Fernandinho and Silva's games. And it's time we found a better left back than Clichy. 

zacc

oops! Thought subs were crying out earlier lots of players looking tired.
As second half went on became obvious Boro would nick one oh hum 

Ludo

When he did make a substitution I was surprised it wasn't Silva coming off. I know Gungadin didn't have a great game but I thought Silva was particularly poor.

zacc

Quote from: Ludo on November 05, 2016, 17:19:05
When he did make a substitution I was surprised it wasn't Silva coming off. I know Gungadin didn't have a great game but I thought Silva was particularly poor.

Silva did well but notice now he tires by early second half deffo should have been subbed
need 0-0 draw Landan derby and C'Mon the Hornets

Neil Mcnab

Really was after the lord mayors show.

They gave KDB too long to set up our goal, we returned the favour for their goal.

If we cant protect a one goal lead, we will struggle to win the league.

gavin

Absolute garbage. We just didn't make enough effort to get the second in that second half. We had chances and missed them but it was still lack lustre and you could see their goal coming. Sucker punch. Pep still has a lot to learn. Unless he pumps the boys up to win matches comfortably then it will keep happening. I was furious at the final whistle.

Sean

Teams will come to City and play at least 9 behind the ball to defend and try and catch us on the break. We need to finish our chances. No one tracked back with their scorer, Clichy was challenging two players. Maybe it was a hangover after the Barca game. Could be 4th by tomorrow by 2 points by not playing well. Early days yet and a lot more games ahead. 

Victoria

zacc

Swiss

This was a typical City performance...

Smashed Barce in the Champs, draw to Boro at home in the league!

Oh well, makes things a bit more exciting at the top!

You can tell we were tired. Peps selection?

Well we're down 2 CM from the squad with Delph (being the new Darren Anderton) and Yaya (Olaf from Frozen) taking up 2 places that could have been utilised by someone who can actually play!

Either in the next window or in the summer, we'll see more CM's come in to the engine room.